Who knows the new submarine of China,094?

--

December 13th, 2004  
Archit

Topic: Who knows the new submarine of China,094?

yeah,who can supply some materials about it
December 13th, 2004  
egoz

Just a couple of the regulars first.
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/china/slbm/type_94.htm
http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/sub/094.asp

How is the US/China nuclear weapons balance going? I haven't really kept up on that since its mainly been with Russia the past few years. To me it seems like if China is developing an SSBN the US shouldn't be so willing can all of their own to satisfy Russia.
December 13th, 2004  
Archit

Thanks!

BTW,the picture in you signal is so sexy 8)
--
December 13th, 2004  
c/Commander

Yeah, but how good can the Chinese SSBN crews be...I mean, they're brand new, and not too good at operating their equipment yet. Besides, aren't US warhips under standing op orders to sink anything belonging to the Chinese military that enters Taiwanese waters? I'm sure the same goes for US waters as well...
December 14th, 2004  
egoz

i wouldn't know about their current engagement orders. but that would be interesting. sounds like it could be the start of a serious international incident if the US were to sink a brand new Chinese SSBN.
December 14th, 2004  
rocco

i remember 2 names, Xia and Golf.
December 14th, 2004  
SinoKnight

the xia class is type 092,not the type 094
December 14th, 2004  
c/Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoz
i wouldn't know about their current engagement orders. but that would be interesting. sounds like it could be the start of a serious international incident if the US were to sink a brand new Chinese SSBN.
Well you'd shoot a hostile soldier if he invaded your territory, which is pretty much the same thing as sinking a sub that invaded your waters...especially if it's armed with nuclear missiles.
December 15th, 2004  
2Asskicker

chinese nuke subs always face a lot diffuclties..
like Xia..it is siad there used to be 2 XIas, but one sank due to engine problems in 1985..

another one then stay in the harnour for 10 years..

i dont know about 094. probablly much better,
December 16th, 2004  
Archit

Yeah ,I've found some materials about 094:

It has 16 misslies ,named JL-2,that is developed from DF-31,It has a new

nuclear reactor as its engine,which is more powerful and more silent.

I've some more detailed materials and am just translating them into English