You know you've been in cadets too long when...

drilldownmaster2004 said:
...You dream of wonderful drill routines.
When you're compared to a boy scout, you have to use every once of energy in your being to keep from flogging the person
You only point with a closed hand.
Half of your dresser is full of candy.
When you listen to a song, and think, "hey, this would be a great song to play during a silent drill routine.
You are constantly picking lint off other people.
You start marching around the house.
You know every rank and could recite backwards and/or in your sleep.
When you compare polishing jobs with people at school.

Here I am!

And as for CadetWorld, I'm not even going to visit the site. I already know in the back of my head that I am way too far into the ROTC/ CAP/ gung ho business. I am having a hard time coming up with "normal" Christmas presents to ask for! I can't get web gear out of my head. I need it as a matter of necessity, but I don't wantto find it wrapped in decorative paper under the tree! Maybe I'll ask for clothes...

CW is ok, but there is something about it I'm not into. I like talking to people my age who like to do the same things...but for some reason CW seems more like a "lets all chat and have fun" type of thing. Thats why I stick to places like CS and here.

Sorry if this went off subject.

drilldownmaster2004 said:
You compare fast food restaurants to messes you have been to... (ex: hmm this McDonalds has way better food than Blackdown's mess, yet not as good as Quantico's).

Not True! The mess at blackdown is awesome(although several friends threw up many times!)

Try the junior rank mess on the base, they have amazing food for a Military Base!

You all say this mess is good, that mess is good....let me tell you...they don't even compare to Comox's mess. O man, I gained 15 pounds in 6 weeks, which is good for me!

USAFAUX2004 said:
I have been in for too long, i look at a beautiful I would even say sexy female cadet without lust!
No, it just means you arent in love with some of the finest all american girls that CAP has to offer.

OR! You havnt been in long enough b/c you don't want a girl who has the same interest....like CAP stuff.

See it kinda goes both ways. Me I used to think Dating in CAP was wrong... So heh, I could see it as you possibly haven't been in long enough. Now me on the other hand. My closet is full of CAP stuff, and when ever I go away for a little bit I get like 8 phone calls asking where I was from some cadet, more then half the emails in my in box are for CAP, and my bf is a ex cadet, and just to make it worse they give me a ribbon for sticking around 2+ years, and for some reason I miss my lil flight......duckie, I'm feeling depressed again...

LOL i can attest to almost all of those, me and my section where board on camp so we decided to pepper pot up to our mess door, then clear the mess. Man you have no idea how funny it is to scare the utter sierra outa the guy sleeping next to the door.

USAFAUX2004 said:
I have been in for too long, i look at a beautiful I would even say sexy female cadet without lust!

Hehe I think some Cadets in CAP Can agree and some of us former cadets now Seniors its 2 simple words u haven't learned

"Encampment Eye"

After a week of gender flight segergation the ugliest chick becomes drop dead sexy

Back