You Know You're a True Texan When........

Missileer

Subject: You know You're From Texas When...
Even if you aren't "from" Texas you've lived here long enough to enjoy the jokes:

You know you're from Texas if:

1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.

2. "Vacation" means going to the family reunion.

3. You've seen all the big bands ten years after they were popular.

4. You measure distance in minutes.

5. You know several people who have hit a deer.

6. Your school classes were canceled because of cold.

7. Your school classes were canceled because of heat.

8. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

9. You think ethanol makes your truck "run a lot better."

10. Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.

11. Stores don't have shopping carts; they have buggies.

12. You see people wearing boots and jeans at funerals.

13. You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.

14. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I am fixing to go to the store.

15. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, or animal.

16. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

17. You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.

18. You carry jumper cables in your car ... for your OWN car.

19. You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" is.

20. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco.

21. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.

22. You think sexy lingerie is a tee shirt and boxer shorts.

23. The local papers covers national and international news on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.

24. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

25. You know which leaf makes good toilet paper.

26. You find 90 degrees F "a little warm."

27. You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.

28. You know whether another Texan is from southern, middle, or northern Texas as soon as they open their mouth.

29. There is a Dairy Queen in every town with a population of 1000 or more.

30. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past-time known as "gin' Awl-Martin" or off to "Wally World."

31. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chili weather.

32. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop ... it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor.

33. You recognize that beans and cornbread is a meal that must have been bestowed upon the people by the Lord Himself.

34. You can be satisfied with a meal consisting only of a hunk of bread with flavored flour and milk (a delicacy known as "biscuits n' gravy").

35. You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from Texas.

Ain't that the truth!

Nevadans - Better looking Texans.

:twisted:

34. You can be satisfied with a meal consisting only of a hunk of bread with flavored flour and milk (a delicacy known as "biscuits n' gravy").

And there's no better food. Mother of mercy, now I'm homesick. :lol:

Redneck said:
Nevadans - Better looking Texans.

:twisted:

And there's no better food. Mother of mercy, now I'm homesick. :lol:

Well, yeah, but not without a glass of cold buttermilk.

I'm a Texan and I know exactly what you mean, despite a few misconseptions here and there. What was sex ed and drivers ed about, id did NOT get that one.

Patriotreturns said:
I'm a Texan and I know exactly what you mean, despite a few misconseptions here and there. What was sex ed and drivers ed about, id did NOT get that one.

It means you learned to drive and the facts of life at the same time. ;) One in the front seat and the other in the back seat.

Cool, well some of that Texas stuff are known over here too. Uhm, I just didn't get the Nevadans and Arizonans thing tho.

Nevadans are folks who are from the state of Nevada, like myself, and it's a well known scientific fact that we got the upper hand on looks. It's no use arguing about it, it's science.

:lol:

Missileer said:
Patriotreturns said:
I'm no mod, but keep it clean guys.

See Forum Rules #8. Otherwise mind your own posts.

Exactly.

Italian Guy said:
Cool, well some of that Texas stuff are known over here too. Uhm, I just didn't get the Nevadans and Arizonans thing tho.

They wish they were Texans. ;) So they keep comparin themselves to Tejas.

Thats the good thing about Texas. Gives the rest of the Country an inferiority complex :lol:

Everybody from Texas, even if they grew up in Houston and don't know the difference between a cow and a heifer, thinks they're a cowboy, but that's alright, it's kind of cute to watch them play dress up.

Even if Texans have a little bit :)cough:ginormous:cough:) ego problem, they're still part of the brotherhood of rednecks. They just don't get to sit at the head of the table during every single family reunion.

Redneck said:
Everybody from Texas, even if they grew up in Houston and don't know the difference between a cow and a heifer, thinks they're a cowboy, but that's alright, it's kind of cute to watch them play dress up.

Even if Texans have a little bit :)cough:ginormous:cough:) ego problem, they're still part of the brotherhood of rednecks. They just don't get to sit at the head of the table during every single family reunion.

A dress up party in Houston is the only place where men have higher heels than the women's. :)

"Dallis-Fote Wuth" is the only place you'll find cadillacs ordered with your eye prescription.

Also, just try and order grits with your eggs and blackstrap molasses with your buttermilk biscuits in Nevada. :)

Redneck said:

H**l son it ain't ego. We are that good :lol:

Back