You Know You're a True Texan When........ - Page 3

--
Boots

January 13th, 2005  
rotc boy

last april i came down here with my family to see if wanted to move here, and Austin was in great condition, now it seems to be full of homeless people and "leslie"(a crossdresser who is also homeless) and it seems to be turnin to crap
January 14th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
last april i came down here with my family to see if wanted to move here, and Austin was in great condition, now it seems to be full of homeless people and "leslie"(a crossdresser who is also homeless) and it seems to be turnin to crap

Austin has always been the Outhouse of Texas, with Houston being the runner up. The only reason the rest of Texas hasn't cordoned it off is cuz the State House is there.
January 14th, 2005  
Joe252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Everybody from Texas, even if they grew up in Houston and don't know the difference between a cow and a heifer, thinks they're a cowboy, but that's alright, it's kind of cute to watch them play dress up.

Even if Texans have a little bit (:cough:ginormous:cough ego problem, they're still part of the brotherhood of rednecks. They just don't get to sit at the head of the table during every single family reunion.
Redneck i know what you mean. My grandpa that has a pretty big ranch was hiering a hired hand and this guy lied about where he was from and he was really from houston and he seem so know what he was doin but actully didnt. killed my grandpas prize bull.
--
Boots
January 14th, 2005  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Also, just try and order grits with your eggs and blackstrap molasses with your buttermilk biscuits in Nevada.

And try finding some decent beef in Texas. Ohhhh, below the belt!

I'll second you on the grits though, they aren't near as available in Nevada as they should be.
January 14th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

my uncle went to Texas. that day they had hail the size of a baseball!
January 14th, 2005  
Joe252

where did it hail?
January 14th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

around austin
January 14th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Lots of Californians drive south to Mex to surf and have a good time, but I don't get the drift that many Texans drive down south, instead.
January 14th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Lots of Californians drive south to Mex to surf and have a good time, but I don't get the drift that many Texans drive down south, instead.
Go to Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Reynoso one time and you'll know why.
January 14th, 2005  
Charge 7

03USMC "Thats the good thing about Texas. Gives the rest of the Country an inferiority complex"

Except from Vermont. No inferiority complexs here. Just ask us! You Texans like your history and it's a rich one, but Vermont was an independant republic longer - 1777 to 1791.