You Know You're a True Texan When........

last april i came down here with my family to see if wanted to move here, and Austin was in great condition, now it seems to be full of homeless people and "leslie"(a crossdresser who is also homeless) and it seems to be turnin to crap

rotc boy said:
last april i came down here with my family to see if wanted to move here, and Austin was in great condition, now it seems to be full of homeless people and "leslie"(a crossdresser who is also homeless) and it seems to be turnin to crap

Austin has always been the Outhouse of Texas, with Houston being the runner up. The only reason the rest of Texas hasn't cordoned it off is cuz the State House is there. :lol:

Redneck said:
Everybody from Texas, even if they grew up in Houston and don't know the difference between a cow and a heifer, thinks they're a cowboy, but that's alright, it's kind of cute to watch them play dress up.

:lol:

Even if Texans have a little bit :)cough:ginormous:cough:) ego problem, they're still part of the brotherhood of rednecks. They just don't get to sit at the head of the table during every single family reunion.

Redneck i know what you mean. My grandpa that has a pretty big ranch was hiering a hired hand and this guy lied about where he was from and he was really from houston and he seem so know what he was doin but actully didnt. killed my grandpas prize bull.

Missileer said:
Also, just try and order grits with your eggs and blackstrap molasses with your buttermilk biscuits in Nevada. :)

And try finding some decent beef in Texas. Ohhhh, below the belt!
:lol:

I'll second you on the grits though, they aren't near as available in Nevada as they should be.

Lots of Californians drive south to Mex to surf and have a good time, but I don't get the drift that many Texans drive down south, instead.

Italian Guy said:
Lots of Californians drive south to Mex to surf and have a good time, but I don't get the drift that many Texans drive down south, instead.

Go to Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Reynoso one time and you'll know why. ;)

03USMC "Thats the good thing about Texas. Gives the rest of the Country an inferiority complex"

Except from Vermont. No inferiority complexs here. Just ask us! You Texans like your history and it's a rich one, but Vermont was an independant republic longer - 1777 to 1791.

I'll be honest Charge 7 I did not know that.

Lordy thats quite an accomplishment fer Vermont. What with havin to deal with all them polo bears and bombadibal snowmen and what not :lol:

Mostly it was the New Yorkers who tried to claim us as part of them. They're still refered to as "Guilders" here and it remains the worst thing you can call someone - even worse than "flatlander". New York and New Hampshire made such a fuss over trying to make us part of them that we decided to call ourselves our own land and were pretty much ignored by the Continental Congress for doing so. When we threatened to become part of Canada they paid attention and we became the 14th state.

03USMC said:
Italian Guy said:

Go to Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Reynoso one time and you'll know why. ;)

Good old Juarez. I spent many a night there when I was stationed at Ft. Bliss (El Paso,TX). I remember every time that I walked over the bridge across the Rio Grande. I can't say I remember how I got back every time though :lol:

Back