You know you're a redneck.....

koalaburger

Appologies to Jeff Foxworthy. My favourite is : You know you're a redneck if an episode of Walker Texas Ranger changed your life.

Jeff Foxworthy gets it all wrong. That's white trash. Redneck it totally different. Redneck is more just a country fella, while white trash is the kinda stuff he talks about. BIG difference.

I agree with istealfreefood, but to a point. They aren't white trash, they don't qualify as trash. If you want trash, go find drunks, druggies and the kind that beats their wives and children and rapes. THAT is trash. White trash, white folks that do it. Black trash, same thing. Putting any kind of a racial tag on who trash is, I can't say it's racist because it can be accurate, but then one must justify the racialization of the same trash. OJ Simpson, he's black trash.

Not all Rednecks listen to Jeff Dogbreath and his ill-suited humor. Not all of us Rednecks are into NasCar.

Myself and a few of my cousins, you know what we did as "rednecks"?
We watched target shooting as a sport. We also used to watch America's Cup. You know what that is, right? Man, kicking back late night, sipping fine wine while watching our guys whoop the hell out of the Aussies and Kiwis in sailing....LOL!
We don't always listen to country music. I like Barry Manilow and Christopher Cross.... Laiback, Queen, Charlie Pride, Conway Twitty, AC/DC, Falco....the list goes on.

But we're all hard workers. We'll work as long as we can as hard as we can.

It's the way we are.

Last edited:
Back