Do you Know where Iraq is ? - Page 4

--
Boots

December 22nd, 2004  
Trevor

Hah, I remember seeing on TV, some American lady was asked how many states canada has. She answered something like 43, and her little kid said "Canada doesn't have states, it has provinces and territories!"
December 22nd, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: hmmm

seeing as between 1999 - 2004 i been deployed to gul 5 times including last yr i think i can safetly say i know where it is lol
December 22nd, 2004  
implicature

well i confess i couldn't give lat and long but I can now

http://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_htm/asia.htm

here ya'll; enjoy
--
Boots
December 23rd, 2004  
Snauhi

In my mind i cant understand how people dont know where Iraq is... 8)
December 23rd, 2004  
Snauhi

Great quiz to learn geography http://www.lizardpoint.com/fun/geoquiz/

I got full points in Europe and 1 wrong in Asia
December 23rd, 2004  
rotc boy

i got full points for america , i knew where iraq was, and i got all the oceans and continents
December 23rd, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
i got full points for america , i knew where iraq was, and i got all the oceans and continents
yey
December 23rd, 2004  
CABAL

This is not new at all. Now of course ever since Geography was never a required course for basic studies, it's quite logical for Americans to not know the specific locations of various countries.
December 23rd, 2004  
A Can of Man

And too often geography is taught as "where is Warsaw?" "Where is New York?"
That's the most insignificant part of geography.
It's much deeper than that. It's the relationships between places, between people and places/environment, the spatial distribution and cause, creating thematic maps, finding out which areas are most likely to breed a certain type of disease... etc etc.
I'm a geography guy.
December 23rd, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
And too often geography is taught as "where is Warsaw?" "Where is New York?"
That's the most insignificant part of geography.
It's much deeper than that. It's the relationships between places, between people and places/environment, the spatial distribution and cause, creating thematic maps, finding out which areas are most likely to breed a certain type of disease... etc etc.
I'm a geography guy.
lol yeah, I run into too many chumps who think Korea is a freakin' rainforest or something.