You know you’ve been in the Army too long if...

SigPig

• you think "camouflage" is a primary colour.
• you tell your kids you’ll pick them up at "sixteen-forty hours" instead of "twenty to five".
• carrying your rifle, which used to be "cool", is now a pain in the butt.
• the first thing you notice about a civilian is hair length.
• you hesitate to fire your rifle...because then you’d have to clean it.
• you iron creases in your T-shirts.
• your hairstyle would not look out of place on "Happy Days."
• you hate camping...because it reminds you of your day job.
• you look at a persons collar or sleeve before you look at their face.
• you divide people into two groups: "us" and "civilians".
• when you relax, you unconsciously adopt the position of "stand at ease."
• you can't enjoy watching war movies because you spend too much time nitpicking the errors.
• you want to buy stuff "for the field" because it’s olive green, no matter how useless ("Hey, look! A camouflage melon baller!").
• your entire civilian wardrobe consists of blue jeans, a pair of non-descript polyester dress pants, and an infinite number of T-shirts with military badges or slogans on them.
• you get irritated seeing civilians – especially long-haired ones – wearing things like combat pants or jackets with badges still on.
• you can say things like "butt party" or "action to the rear" with a straight face.
• when walking with others, you automatically fall into step.
• all matter is divided into two groups: "somethin' I can eat" and "somethin' I gotta clean."
• you can remember wearing work dress...and your subordinate hasn't even heard of garrison dress.
• you believe the four major food groups to be pizza, beer, cigarettes, and "other".
• your favourite cologne is "Eau de Deep Woods OFF."
• even in civilian clothes, you feel weird going outside without a hat.
• the sound of a car horn blaring makes you look for the nearest trench.
• the only way you can remember your girlfriend’s birthday is to think of it as her "civilian TOS date".
• your idea of a makeover is switching what parts of your face get dark green camouflage and what parts get olive.
• you find it almost impossible to carry on a conversation without resorting to acronyms or jargon.
• you buy extra pieces of uniform, just to hang in your locker for inspection.
• you beep your car horn twice before backing up.
• you put hospital corners on your bed...at home.
• you find out you have been "in" longer than some of your co-workers have been alive.
• you ever start saying things like, "Yeah? Well, back when I joined..."
• you run out of room on your CD ribbon for clasps, so you start using them as tie clips.
• you say you remember when "Centurion was a rank, not a tank"...and your subordinates don’t get it.

The ones that remind me of my boyfriend:
• you tell your kids you’ll pick them up at "sixteen-forty hours" instead of "twenty to five".
• the first thing you notice about a civilian is hair length.
• your hairstyle would not look out of place on "Happy Days."
• you look at a persons collar or sleeve before you look at their face.
• you divide people into two groups: "us" and "civilians".
• when you relax, you unconsciously adopt the position of "stand at ease."
• you can't enjoy watching war movies because you spend too much time nitpicking the errors.
• you get irritated seeing civilians – especially long-haired ones – wearing things like combat pants or jackets with badges still on.
• when walking with others, you automatically fall into step.(this one drives me crazy!!!!!)

OH DEAR I'm really dating a Marine not a man!

"you can't enjoy watching war movies because you spend too much time nitpicking the errors."

This is very bad habit for me :D

You know you've been in the military too long when:
-You feel uneasy when walking with a group in the street, and your not instep with everyone else
-You are walking through the street with some friends and you are instep with everyone else
-You point out mistakes in every military movie made, no matter how trivial they are
-You make sure that your family carrys out Guard piquet on the Mailbox and Fire place
-Your favorite songs are all played by military marching bands
-You have no reason to buy Military computer games because you've "Been There, Done That"
-The family pet's name is a Defence Force Rank
-Your kids eat C-rations at school
-You have two types of clothes in your wardrobe, Camoflauge and Service Dress
-You paint your car camoflauge
-You buy a house based how its location can be defended and concealed
-Your kids fear going camping with you "and a few mates"

Back