Knights last ride: CH-46 helicopters return from their final East Coast MEU deploymen

Nope, a perfectly good aircraft ( in theory ) is one with no discrepancies in the ADB
(aircraft discrepancy book ), and is currently in 100% flyable condition with no abnormalities, or fluctuations in any system.
Personally I have never seen an aircraft that you can marry the power levers and have tit egt and hp, and ff stages all the same on the gages.

tit= Turbine inlet temp
egt= exhaust gas temp
hp= horsepower
ff= fuel flow
fnp= fuel nozzle pressure

If you ever see an aircraft with all of the above exactly the same, throw in the engine torquem, the best you'll get there is "within limits"

It's always sad to see another piece of military hardware retired to its demise. I almost cried when they dropped the Tomcats from service.

What's been in the air longer, the Hueys or the Chins?

I think the Chinooks came around '63? And I think the Hueys came around '59?
I'm no expert, so if I'm wrong someone please correct me!

It's always sad to see another piece of military hardware retired to its demise. I almost cried when they dropped the Tomcats from service.

What's been in the air longer, the Huey's or the Chins?

I did cry, I cried when the pulled the Intruders off too. nothing says safe like a intruder flying over your head on its way to visit he artillery sits shelling you .

Oh btw the Huey's were in longer

A-4 Skyhawks were always my favorite. They were just too cool for school the way they popped and lobbed. Made me sad to see them go.

A-4 question

Were they cut by the USN because they were going to an all F-4 fleet? Thought I saw on the military channel the US Marines like them and used them a little longer?

My question is to those who know better were they cut because of high loses?

Thanks
icon14.gif

They were cut like the Phantom because the F/A 18 Hornet was adopted and filled a dual roll. At least in the USMC. IIRCC F4's and A4's starting phasing out about the same time and several squadrons designated VMF or VMA were redesignated VMFA'S upon the arrival of the Hornet.

Back