"The King" and Stewart join ‘speedy tags’ program

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
NASCAR racers Richard Petty Tony Stewart are putting their likeness on dog tags, with the proceeds of these “Speedy Tags” benefiting the Paralyzed Veterans of America. “I feel very strongly that we must support our brave men and women returning from Iraq and Afghanistan injured,” Petty said. “That’s why I urge all NASCAR fans to get their Speedy Tags … This is one small way fans can join me in supporting our paralyzed vets.” Speedy Tags are imprinted with the names, signatures and in some cases, pictures of some of the biggest names in racing. About 75,000 will be distributed at the Bristol Motor Speedway on Aug. 26 for free. To get a Speedy Tag, log on to www.SpeedyTags.org. Those who purchase the tag will recieve a $5 discount on racing merchandise and will be eligible to win a trip to the season-ending Ford 400 championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Paralyzed veterans’ spokesman Carl Blake said the not-for-profit organization provides veterans with spinal cord injury or disease benefits, employment, education, accommodations and sport activities.(Bristol Herald Courier)

Back