Kinetic Energy Penetrator

penetrator

Hello;

I have been doing research on kinetic energy penetrators since june. I am having some problems finding the exact sizes of some parts of these penetrators. So;

1- What is the diameter of the case?
2- What what is the legth of case?
3- If you dont know, can you at least give me a source?
4- What is the sabot diameter? for example if the cannon is 120 mm, is the sabot part 120 mm or for example 119 mm?

I need some solid answers,

Thank you for your attention.

we're a bunch of kids on here not a bunch of MIT engineers.... who the heck would have answers to that question anyways...

LMAO..........
Yes, it can penetrate the main battle tank.
If you want to call her that. :lol:

that's wrong... funny, but wrong...lol

Hello;

I have been doing research on kinetic energy penetrators since june. I am having some problems finding the exact sizes of some parts of these penetrators. So;

4- What is the sabot diameter? for example if the cannon is 120 mm, is the sabot part 120 mm or for example 119 mm?

Sabot is a rather large concept, want to slice it down to SLAP, flechette or ring please?
The casing is made to match the caliber of round your delivery system can deliver obviously.
The arrow projectile(s) are the diameter of choice from the constructor wich I am guessing really isn´t an opensource topic.

Having said that..If you should be packing a "sabotprojectile" yourself a tip for you is that in the old days they wrapped them in papermache or plastic almost like a nowdays condom..:hide:

//KJ.

yes thats a classified topic but i am wondering about the diameter of case part. I think the sabot is 120 mm in diameter but as you know the case part is a bit fatter than sabot. what is the mm difference between a 120 mm sabot and its case part? thats what i am asking about.

Something either screams OPSEC violation here, or lack of penetrative experiance.... :lol:

Either case , while all this penetration is going on , what about in small arms ammunition? Like the 5.45x39mm 7N 24 with a small penetrative (said it again) device inside a softer covering material?

I found some information at URL (about a quarter of the way down the page):
http://www.frfrogspad.com/miscellg.htm
The original M829 threw a 9.41 pound (that's 65,870 grains), 1.06" diameter, 24" long, depleted uranium "dart" at 5480 f/s! The A1 version fired a 10.78 pound dart at 5170 f/s and the current A2 version throws a slightly longer (30") but skinnier (.8") 10.85 pound dart at 5512 f/s.

Hello;

It all depends on the specific cannon it's supposed to be fired through, so if you're looking for the exact size of different parts you have to decide which load you want to do research on.

There are some manufacturs who list their spec's on net, you can google that for a start.

Back