Which kind of sights do you like?

Your preference?

• AK style rifle sights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Peep hole" diopter sights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Armyjaeger

I hope this haven't been done yet, I'been thinking of doing this poll for long time but forgot it.
So all you members who have handled firearms before, which kind of sights do you like, the ak style sights or the peep hole sights. My personal preference is AK style sights.
by the way sorry if those designations aren't exactly correct, I don't know what they're really called :?

You mean peep hole as in the ones found in M-16s right? Those work far better for me than the AK stuff. Feels so natural, almost like point and click.

Hi,

I have never Tried that peepHole thingy so i can't say ........ AK Style is good enough for me .

From the Side Hole you look at the Front and then target .............. :)

Peace
-=SF_13=-

With the M-16 style of sights, you will look through the hole naturally if you're holding your weapon right. Then just line the front end with the target and you're set.

If you're trying to make a case for the AK-47 vs the M-16 as an accurate weapon there's no contest. The AK-47 has a huge bolt that snaps back and the whole barrel flexes as it's fired. This in and of itself reduces the weapon's accuracy a great deal. The M-16 is much better in accuracy than the AK-47. The concept of the assault rifle is a marriage of the machinegun to the rifle. The AK-47 leans much more to the machinegun side of the equation and does a very good job of it. The M-16 leans to the rifle side of the equation and excells at that. Their designers, Stone and Kalashnikov, actually met and they themselves agreed on that very same thing.

Charge_7 said:
If you're trying to make a case for the AK-47 vs the M-16 as an accurate weapon there's no contest.

This thread is not supposed to like that, believe I've had enough of those debates, this is a matter of preference and I stated mine above feel free to disagree.

The first Military sight I learned on was the rear peep sight on the M1 Garand so I am partial to that type for accuracy of point and shoot and long distance shots.

If you like those sights then fine. I'm not going to say your having a preference is wrong. I _will_ debate you though if you say they are better than the M-16.

I think it's about which type of sight you prefer, not so much the accuracy. I just found the M-16 style easier to use.

I like the peep hole sights more than the open sights. With the open sights, it's a lot harder to line up your target. The peep sights (actually called Aperture sights, like the aperture on a camera) are much better for lining up the target.

For the M16 I still don't get if your supposed to look at the enemy and place your sight top at where u want to aim or cover the whole enemy with the sight with the line going down the middle.

The bullet's supposed to hit just above the tip of the front sight I believe. Well I've been hitting my targets that way.

With the M-16 style of sights, you will look through the hole naturally if you're holding your weapon right. Then just line the front end with the target and you're set.
This is also correct with the ak-style sights

I prefer AK style sights since its lot easier to aim with them where u just need to place the front and rear sight to fit one line and u have wide field of view,while with M16 type of sights also known as diopters u have to align rear sight ring with fornt sight "fly" and plus u have low field of view.

Dusan

Hi,

I must Conferss ..............The First time i used that AK Style Sight ......... i was Just Aming throught the Rear Hole and it was hittign a few meters Away from the targer . :?

That's because I forgot to Align the rear and the Front sights ........... was just aming through the rear one :shock: :D .............. After you get a hang of it it's pretty good i would say.

Peace
-=SF-13=-

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

I must Conferss ..............The First time i used that AK Style Sight ......... i was Just Aming throught the Rear Hole and it was hittign a few meters Away from the targer . :?

That's because I forgot to Align the rear and the Front sights ........... was just aming through the rear one :shock: :D .............. After you get a hang of it it's pretty good i would say.

Peace
-=SF-13=-

Nice :D it happend to me too. :p

Back