Which kind of sights do you like?

View Poll Results :Your preference?
AK style rifle sights 6 28.57%
"Peep hole" diopter sights 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

--

March 11th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Topic: Which kind of sights do you like?

I hope this haven't been done yet, I'been thinking of doing this poll for long time but forgot it.
So all you members who have handled firearms before, which kind of sights do you like, the ak style sights or the peep hole sights. My personal preference is AK style sights.
by the way sorry if those designations aren't exactly correct, I don't know what they're really called
March 11th, 2005  
A Can of Man

You mean peep hole as in the ones found in M-16s right? Those work far better for me than the AK stuff. Feels so natural, almost like point and click.
March 11th, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

I have never Tried that peepHole thingy so i can't say ........ AK Style is good enough for me .

From the Side Hole you look at the Front and then target ..............

Peace
-=SF_13=-
--
March 11th, 2005  
A Can of Man

With the M-16 style of sights, you will look through the hole naturally if you're holding your weapon right. Then just line the front end with the target and you're set.
March 11th, 2005  
Charge 7

If you're trying to make a case for the AK-47 vs the M-16 as an accurate weapon there's no contest. The AK-47 has a huge bolt that snaps back and the whole barrel flexes as it's fired. This in and of itself reduces the weapon's accuracy a great deal. The M-16 is much better in accuracy than the AK-47. The concept of the assault rifle is a marriage of the machinegun to the rifle. The AK-47 leans much more to the machinegun side of the equation and does a very good job of it. The M-16 leans to the rifle side of the equation and excells at that. Their designers, Stone and Kalashnikov, actually met and they themselves agreed on that very same thing.
March 11th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
If you're trying to make a case for the AK-47 vs the M-16 as an accurate weapon there's no contest.
This thread is not supposed to like that, believe I've had enough of those debates, this is a matter of preference and I stated mine above feel free to disagree.
March 11th, 2005  
Missileer

The first Military sight I learned on was the rear peep sight on the M1 Garand so I am partial to that type for accuracy of point and shoot and long distance shots.
March 11th, 2005  
Charge 7

If you like those sights then fine. I'm not going to say your having a preference is wrong. I _will_ debate you though if you say they are better than the M-16.
March 11th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think it's about which type of sight you prefer, not so much the accuracy. I just found the M-16 style easier to use.
March 11th, 2005  
CavScout

If you are anything other than single shot, it won't really matter after the first round anyway...