• AK style rifle sights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Peep hole" diopter sights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the_13th_redneck said:
Grimnar said:
This is also correct with the ak-style sights

Are you sure? Thought it looked more like an oversized pistol sight.

It does look like a pistol sight, which is the reason I prefer them. I've grown up shooting pistols so Ak-style sight aligning came naturally to me.

Armyjaeger said:
by the way sorry if those designations aren't exactly correct, I don't know what they're really called :?
No problem, the designations are:
Open (rear) sights - as in Akor Lee Enfield MkIII.
Aperture sights - as in M-16, L1A1, HK etc.

Open Sights are easier to align with the target but are inaccurate since the sight radius of "open sight" weapons is small. Open sights are consodered the most inaccurate of sighting systems, however they are cheap to produce.
Aperture sights have a larger sight radius and are more accurate than open sights.
The groupings made by a single firer using a weapon with open and aperture sights has a big difference. The smaller grouping is made by the use of the later.

It's all about what you have grown accustomed to... If the first weapon you have been trained on or used is an ak style then you will probably be more proficient and feel more comfortable with that. And vice versa. In Canada, our main battle rifle has optics, so When I shoot without them It feels uncomfortable...

the_13th_redneck said:
Grimnar said:
This is also correct with the ak-style sights

Are you sure? Thought it looked more like an oversized pistol sight.

yup!
The rifle we use in norway (AG3 or G3) you can change the sights from diopter to open sights. Open sights is better if you want to shoot fast and have eyes on your target all the time, but I prefer the diopter for ranges over 100 meters.

Back