Which kind of sights do you like? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Your preference?
AK style rifle sights 6 28.57%
"Peep hole" diopter sights 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

--

March 11th, 2005  
bushpig1998

I can't seem to aim properly with AK style sights - gimme the peep hole, thank you!
March 11th, 2005  
AFSteliga

I like the peep hole sights more than the open sights. With the open sights, it's a lot harder to line up your target. The peep sights (actually called Aperture sights, like the aperture on a camera) are much better for lining up the target.
March 12th, 2005  
IAmFighter

Peep sights for me.
--
March 12th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

For the M16 I still don't get if your supposed to look at the enemy and place your sight top at where u want to aim or cover the whole enemy with the sight with the line going down the middle.
March 12th, 2005  
A Can of Man

The bullet's supposed to hit just above the tip of the front sight I believe. Well I've been hitting my targets that way.
March 12th, 2005  
Grimnar

Quote:
With the M-16 style of sights, you will look through the hole naturally if you're holding your weapon right. Then just line the front end with the target and you're set.
This is also correct with the ak-style sights
March 12th, 2005  
Marksman

I prefer AK style sights since its lot easier to aim with them where u just need to place the front and rear sight to fit one line and u have wide field of view,while with M16 type of sights also known as diopters u have to align rear sight ring with fornt sight "fly" and plus u have low field of view.

Dusan
March 12th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnar
This is also correct with the ak-style sights
Are you sure? Thought it looked more like an oversized pistol sight.
March 12th, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

I must Conferss ..............The First time i used that AK Style Sight ......... i was Just Aming throught the Rear Hole and it was hittign a few meters Away from the targer .

That's because I forgot to Align the rear and the Front sights ........... was just aming through the rear one .............. After you get a hang of it it's pretty good i would say.

Peace
-=SF-13=-
March 13th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Hi,

I must Conferss ..............The First time i used that AK Style Sight ......... i was Just Aming throught the Rear Hole and it was hittign a few meters Away from the targer .

That's because I forgot to Align the rear and the Front sights ........... was just aming through the rear one .............. After you get a hang of it it's pretty good i would say.

Peace
-=SF-13=-

Nice it happend to me too. :P