Kim Jong IL dead

So...what effect will this have on a less than stable country that N.K. is?

Hopfully if the NK military does attempt a power struggle by either removing, disenfranchising or placing another family member into power, that North Korea's main benefactor China will take necessary steps to mediate this problem, being as in the past when North Korea is at it's weakest, it seems to exercise drastic actions to assert it's strength.

It seems to me that there is doubts in the traits of Jong Ils son in the countries leadership echelons.

In the “old days” I was a U.S. Army Tactical Intel. Analysis. I did multiple tours in the ROK and considered N. Korea to be my area of expertise.

When Kim Il Sung died I was convinced that war would result. Now his son has died and, so far at least, no great problem.

It has been a long time since I had access to high level intelligence so I admit I’m not well informed anymore on the capabilities of the PDRK military, but I’m beginning to wonder if all that “hype” we were exposed to in the 60’s - 90’s was just that - hype.

Or a sign that things are not going so well.

Aggressive behavior has been a sign of internal struggle before for the North.

You really think this guy ran the country for the past few years? His son does not just get control right away, it has been in the hands of a regency council of generals--the sycophants and yes-men--for a long time now and will remain so for the near future.
Although, the whole cult of personality thing is going to be weird. Everyone loved the Great Leader and it kind of made sense. People "loved" the Dear Leader out of fear. What will his son be called? The Meh Leader?
g.php

Although, the whole cult of personality thing is going to be weird. Everyone loved the Great Leader and it kind of made sense. People "loved" the Dear Leader out of fear. What will his son be called? The Meh Leader?
g.php
The N.K Media/propaganda machine is in full pitch trying to elevate him to Obama in '08 status.

But how does that work with the inner cirlce his father formed of military leaders and high ranking party officials?

1. Can't think of any nation ruled by three successive dictators/strong men. Could this Swiss educated young man pull it off? We hear the real strong man is the late Kim II's sister's husband. But he would have set up a system supported by the Marshals of the state to ensure his blood line continues.

2. Although young Kim III has had some concentrated dose of training and briefing. N Korean are a brain-washed people who will believe anything put out by the state media. That can work for Kim III, and can also work against him if he looses grip.

3. If any external source can have any say in affairs of DPRK, it is PRC. But this is a truly hermit kingdom, a forbidden land of shadows only. We have to wait. Wait till the funeral at least. Interestingly, that too has been kept off limit to outsiders.

1. Can't think of any nation ruled by three successive dictators/strong men. Could this Swiss educated young man pull it off? We hear the real strong man is the late Kim II's sister's husband. But he would have set up a system supported by the Marshals of the state to ensure his blood line continues.

2. Although young Kim III has had some concentrated dose of training and briefing. N Korean are a brain-washed people who will believe anything put out by the state media. That can work for Kim III, and can also work against him if he looses grip.

3. If any external source can have any say in affairs of DPRK, it is PRC. But this is a truly hermit kingdom, a forbidden land of shadows only. We have to wait. Wait till the funeral at least. Interestingly, that too has been kept off limit to outsiders.

The N.K Media/propaganda machine is in full pitch trying to elevate him to Obama in '08 status.

I am not sure that any one makes platform shoes big enough to turn a 3 foot megalomaniac into a 6 foot procrastinator.

:sorry:

I guess that nothing would happen, Its just a propaganda show done by the NK army just to freak out the South koreans ...many people speak of Northkorean military power and the fact that the possess nuclear weapons but they cant use it coz it it will mean thier annihilation as well ( they nuke some1 some1 nukes em we r both dead...) and having the fact that NK is a poor country with poor people means that it cannot stand war for long periods ( and i dont mean the NK army by that i mean the nation as a whole...they will suffer alot of casualities )

As with western policy towards the North Korean Regiem was in the past, it is all once again, a waiting game.

Back