Kids with guns!!

i agree

im 16 and i have been raised around guns. i think that if a kid is raised around guns that they are able to handle them responsiblely with proper instruction

well not every kid i think!there were many cases of kids blowing them selfs by dads fire arm. :?

In NJROTC we use M16s and M9s almost every day (we're based at a Navy reserve center.) Most of the cadets are able to fully strip, clean, and reassemble an M16. No one has been shot yet. :D If kids are responsible enough, there is no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to own/use firearms.

What i am trying to say that not every kid is to handle a gun properly if given,when two guys fight one puuls a gun and FINISHES the other one,it more about controling your emotions with gun in your hand than responsibility!!

LCDR_SurfWar said:
In NJROTC we use M16s and M9s almost every day (we're based at a Navy reserve center.) Most of the cadets are able to fully strip, clean, and reassemble an M16. No one has been shot yet. :D If kids are responsible enough, there is no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to own/use firearms.

precisely. I learned how to clear a rifle when I was 6. I fired my first shot when I was 5.( Double barrel shotgun, didn't know it was a dual stage trigger :shock: )
I like to think that my being raised with weapons made me all the better today.

I think it is up to a parent on whether a kid should have a gun or not. On the same note hopefully that is a responsible parent and not somone who is givin the kid a gun so the kid will leave them alone. The kid has nothin to do with the siuation, if he/she is raised right then there wouldnt be a problem.

Redneck said:
Marksman said:
Documentary movie "bowling for Columbine"

That is NOT a documentary, Marksman (or at least not one with any very great concern for reality).
Now you are making claims without proof.... I'd like to know what you think isn't reality in that documentary.

Redneck said:
Marksman said:
Documentary movie "bowling for Columbine"

That is NOT a documentary, Marksman (or at least not one with any very great concern for reality).

I figured that made it clear that I was stating an opinion. And the proof for my opinion is because I said so. ;)

My reasoning is that the political motivation behind Moore's work is so blatant (the guy has links to left wing petitions from his movie's website, www.bowlingforcolumbine.com ), that it removes any veil of legitimacy from his film as far as it being a documentary. I am not a cinematographic expert of any sort and am unsure of what may or may not be considered a "documentary" by the film world, but in my OPINION for something to be considered in that class of films, it must be as free as possible from a political slant and responsibly made (something that does not include trying to make a fool of an old man with Alzheimer's (Charlton Heston), among many other things).

Nice try though, 1217. ;)

Sometimes when dealing with a moore type film...you have to take them with a grain of salt. My dad calls his films "mockumentorys" instead of documentorys. This the same man who made a film about exposing the car industry. :?

"These days kids are bringing guns to school. Gun's to school! When i was a kid, we'd take frogs to school! 'You take a frog to school now, somebody'd shoot it!"

I'm a strong believer that kids should not own guns, you hear too many horror stories on the news about "accidental shootings" no offence to anyone this is my opinion only, but kids are just not mature enough to handle guns, guns should not even be stored in the home anywhere near children, if they are part of a shooting club or under adult supervision thats fine but i don't think they have any business owning one.

GUNNER

Back