KAZAKHSTAN AIRBORNE FORCES EXERCISE STEPPE EAGLE 2004

Nope those pictures are the Kazakhs too wearing US helmets along with their airborne wearing Blue berets. I did see some kazakhs wearing old soviet steel helmets but unfortunately couldnt take a picture at the time. I am not sure how the Kzakhs got a hold of these, as the rest of their equipment is Soviet era.

Have to get this in, the kazakh strong man day!

Kazakh%20Chaos%20053.jpg

Battleman said:
Nope those pictures are the Kazakhs too wearing US helmets along with their airborne wearing Blue berets. I did see some kazakhs wearing old soviet steel helmets but unfortunately couldnt take a picture at the time. I am not sure how the Kzakhs got a hold of these, as the rest of their equipment is Soviet era.

Interesting.

The National Liberation Army of Iran also use these fairly modern helmets, while the rest of their equipment dates back to the 70s:

fire1.jpg

wom.jpg

ops1.jpg

I don't know wether the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran use them aswell. If not, it would be interesting to know where the NLA got those helmets from since they are not officially supported by any government AFAIK.

Here's another picture of the 2004 Kazkhstan tour that I scanned in from my TA info booklet:

kazakhtour.jpg

Great pics!

I visited Kazakistan several years ago before I was starting highschool, as my Dad worked for a major corp that had business there and took me along. Spent a week in Alma-Aty and Qaragandhi. It is a beautiful country and the people love Americans, and love Indians (and Indian movies/music.) Since I was Indian-American, they loved me doubly :lol: The taxi-driver when he found out we were Indian origin started singing an oldie Hindi film song from the 50s in a Kazakh accent :lol:

The country has amazing potential and a very educated populace. The cities were very clean and the soldiers and police I met looked very fit and well-equipped.

Are there still Russian forces stationed there under CIS aegis?

BAH! I thought I was going to Kazachstan THIS year with the TA... turns out we're going to somewhere in England :cen:

I've always been intrested in Kazaskhstans army.I'd love to visit,Khasiksthan.
Cool pitures.
USA should hire Kazak mercenaries.I hope Kazaksthan remains independent.

Back