KALASHNIKOV VS M14

ok.Range,performance,jaming, how accurate they are,bullet velocity,effective range and stuff.

AK-47

Caliber 7.62x39 mm
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt with 2 lugs
Overall length: 870 mm
Barrel length: 415 mm
Weight, with empty magazine: AK 4,3 kg; AKM 3,14 kg
Magazine capacity 30 rounds (40 rounds box magazines and 75 rounds drums from RPK also may be used)
Cyclic rate of fire 600 rounds per minute
Maximum effective range: about 400 meters

M-14

Caliber: 7.62x51 mm NATO (.308 Winchester)
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Length: 1120 mm
Barrel Length: 559 mm
Weight loaded: 5,1 kg (6.6 kg M14A1)
Magazine: 20 rounds, detachable box
Rate of fire: 700 -750 rounds per minute

well

Well, the M14 is really not a good assault rifle....so....

Close and medium ranges, CQB, standart weapon-AK47.
Marksmen(not sniper, marksmen, talking like 300-400 meters)-M14

Id say the M16 Vs AK47 is a better comparison...

AKS-74

Caliber: 5.45x39 mm
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt with 2 lugs
Weight: 3,3 kg (with empty magazine without bayonet); 3,6 kg (with loaded magazine)
Length: 943 mm (AKS-74 with folded butt - 690 mm)
Barrel length: 415 mm
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds standard
Effective range: 500 meters
Rate of fire: 600 - 650 rounds per minute

FutureRANGER said:
lol I forgot to put my source. Just a little copy and paste.

Great site, lots of great info and cool pictures. http://www.world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

BTW, welcome to the forum :)

I love that site.

Kozzy Mozzy said:
There's no way the effective range of a the AKS-74 is 500 meters. More like 200m

Do you know what an AKS-74 is? It's the newer version of the AK-47.

Heres a pic.

ak74m_91.jpg

M-14

The AK-47 is basically for people that cannot shoot anything to save their life. Put it like my shooting teacher said: "In the time it takes the enemy to pray and spray 20+ rounds with an AK-47, you can place one good shot in his forehead.

Firepower and Firerate doesn't compare with accuracy. You can shoot 30 rounds in 2 seconds with and AK. But you will not hit jack shit. Give me and M-14 and 2 rounds, and I'll drop you. :)

M-14 should be the standard rifle in the Marine Corps(but that is another topic altogether)

well

M-14

The AK-47 is basically for people that cannot shoot anything to save their life. Put it like my shooting teacher said: "In the time it takes the enemy to pray and spray 20+ rounds with an AK-47, you can place one good shot in his forehead.

Firepower and Firerate doesn't compare with accuracy. You can shoot 30 rounds in 2 seconds with and AK. But you will not hit jack shit. Give me and M-14 and 2 rounds, and I'll drop you.

M-14 should be the standard rifle in the Marine Corps(but that is another topic altogether)

Well, I dont know about all that.....Firstly, the AK47 is not as accurate as the M14, but on semi auto its fairly accurate....Its much more relaible(then anything....)....Also, somtimes(like on assault) firerate is esntial....

Back