Kalashnikov Vodka

Duty Honor Country

From the inventor of the AK-47, comes Kalashnikov Vodka

040920_vodka_hmed_8a.hmedium.jpg

LONDON (Reuters) - The creator of one of the world's most famous guns, the AK-47 assault rifle, launched another weapon in Britain Monday -- Kalashnikov vodka.

Lieutenant General Mikhail Kalashnikov, who invented the AK-47 after being shot by German soldiers during World War II, said he wanted to continue "the good name" of his gun.

"I've always wanted to improve and expand on the good name of my weapon by doing good things," he told Reuters Television.

"So we decided to create a vodka under my name. And we wanted that vodka to be better than anything made, up until now, in both Russia and England."

The Kalashnikov rifle has become the weapon of choice for guerrillas and gangsters across the world. But Kalashnikov said his original intentions for the gun were purely patriotic.

"I did not create the gun for international conflicts, I created it to protect the borders of my country," he said.

"It is not my fault that it has been spread all over the world. It is its reliability and its simplicity that have taken it all over the world."

Promoters of Kalashnikov vodka say it is "made from grain harvested in Russia and water drawn from Lake Ladoga north of St Petersburg" and is best drunk with friends.

I wonder how this will compare to Grey Goose or Ketel 1, probably not much at all. But i'm pretty sure it's going to be better than Red Army Vodka. The novelty is awsome though.

Darkmb101 said:
8) I wonder when i'll come to teh states.
Next year my friend:

"The vodka retails for about USD 24 for a 750-millilitre bottle [82 proof], and is available at several clubs throughout the British capital with a US release planned for next year."

Read this. It is quite amusing:

"Though Kalashnikov vodka has yet to reach the United States, some US anti-gun-violence organizations are wary of the vodka's association with the assault rifle, particularly at a time when the US national assault weapon ban has expired.

"We'd hope the general would agree that his weapon was never intended for civilian use, just as he'd agree that his vodka should be consumed responsibly," said Peter Ham, communications director for the Washington-based Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1017129,00050003.htm

He looks pretty good for an 84 yearold. Maybe he has something going with the whole vodka thing :cheers:

:lol: I can't imagine the marketing campaign. From the creator of the gun that puts bullets in the hearts of westerners the world over comes a liquor to reside in the bellies of all. "It's a blast" says Usama Bin Laden.

the_13th_redneck said:
Should be sold inside AK Magazine shaped flasks 8)

Even if it tasted nasty, people would still buy it that way.

I like Grey Goose, and Armadale and Jewel of Russia. But they are too good—and too expensive—to mix with anything but ice and/or tonic water. Because most people mix their vodka with tonic, soda, vermouth, or juice, why not Stoli, or even Smirnoff---can't taste it anyway! LOL

BTW---did any of you know there is a vodka made from hemp seeds????

the_13th_redneck said:
I thought Vodka was made of fermented potatos!

A little Vodka FAQ! (from Food Network Web Site)

But if all vodkas tasted alike, there'd be no reason to favor a $30 bottle of Armadale over a $12 magnum of Fleischmann's. In fact, all vodkas are not alike. Vodka can be distilled in a good many ways, from a great many substances, including wheat, rye, beets, corn, potatoes, and sugar cane. (In Russia, the Yukos oil conglomerate recently made headlines for marketing a vodka distilled from hemp seeds.) As a result, each brand has a distinct smell, flavor, aftertaste, and burn (i.e., the burning sensation vodka creates as it goes down your gullet). The grain-based vodkas, which are the most popular, tend to be smooth and can even taste fruity. Vegetable-based vodkas are often (and often unfairly) dismissed as being harsh and medicinal.

Back