Kalashnikov Vodka

--
Boots

September 23rd, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Kalashnikov Vodka

From the inventor of the AK-47, comes Kalashnikov Vodka

LONDON (Reuters) - The creator of one of the world's most famous guns, the AK-47 assault rifle, launched another weapon in Britain Monday -- Kalashnikov vodka.

Lieutenant General Mikhail Kalashnikov, who invented the AK-47 after being shot by German soldiers during World War II, said he wanted to continue "the good name" of his gun.

"I've always wanted to improve and expand on the good name of my weapon by doing good things," he told Reuters Television.

"So we decided to create a vodka under my name. And we wanted that vodka to be better than anything made, up until now, in both Russia and England."

The Kalashnikov rifle has become the weapon of choice for guerrillas and gangsters across the world. But Kalashnikov said his original intentions for the gun were purely patriotic.

"I did not create the gun for international conflicts, I created it to protect the borders of my country," he said.

"It is not my fault that it has been spread all over the world. It is its reliability and its simplicity that have taken it all over the world."

Promoters of Kalashnikov vodka say it is "made from grain harvested in Russia and water drawn from Lake Ladoga north of St Petersburg" and is best drunk with friends.
September 23rd, 2004  
03USMC

Cool new edition for my look at this shelf.
September 24th, 2004  
gladius

I wonder how this will compare to Grey Goose or Ketel 1, probably not much at all. But i'm pretty sure it's going to be better than Red Army Vodka. The novelty is awsome though.
--
Boots
September 24th, 2004  
Focus Fate

God damn I gotta get shit faced on that sometime! Easily the BEST idea ever.
September 24th, 2004  
Darkmb101

8) I wonder when i'll come to teh states.
September 24th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
8) I wonder when i'll come to teh states.
Next year my friend:

"The vodka retails for about USD 24 for a 750-millilitre bottle [82 proof], and is available at several clubs throughout the British capital with a US release planned for next year."

Read this. It is quite amusing:

"Though Kalashnikov vodka has yet to reach the United States, some US anti-gun-violence organizations are wary of the vodka's association with the assault rifle, particularly at a time when the US national assault weapon ban has expired.

"We'd hope the general would agree that his weapon was never intended for civilian use, just as he'd agree that his vodka should be consumed responsibly," said Peter Ham, communications director for the Washington-based Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...9,00050003.htm

He looks pretty good for an 84 yearold. Maybe he has something going with the whole vodka thing
September 26th, 2004  
Lupos

I can't imagine the marketing campaign. From the creator of the gun that puts bullets in the hearts of westerners the world over comes a liquor to reside in the bellies of all. "It's a blast" says Usama Bin Laden.
September 27th, 2004  
Judas

I wonder if his vodka will also be mass produced and cheaply made
September 27th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Should be sold inside AK Magazine shaped flasks 8)
September 27th, 2004  
Focus Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Should be sold inside AK Magazine shaped flasks 8)
That'd ****in rock!