Kalashnikov rival, the Korobov assault rifle

Armyjaeger

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as74-e.htm

So I was going through the website in the above link and found that weapon, the Korobov assault rifle was one of the competing designs that went through series of trials for being the next red army service weapon. According to the website the Korobov was found superior in nearly every way to its rivals but still the less effective and more complex AK rifle was chosen, weird politics I must say :?

Oh and check out the Korobov bullpup version too, looks cool and quite modern too for being 60 years old :)
What do you people think?

FutureDevilDog said:
Man, it looks like someone dug those out of the ground.

Many of the infantry weapons from that era look like that, dug out of the ground, I heard the most worn out and abused PPsH submachineguns could accidentally fire a round or two if dropped to the ground :)

I like the Bullpup version, but it's ugly, they might have chose the AK just for looks.

Now see if you're talking about something that could change the design period there. I remember watching Tales of the Gun on the History channel, this gun is both Recoil, and gas-operated.
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as08-e.htm

Armyjaeger said:
FutureDevilDog said:
Man, it looks like someone dug those out of the ground.

Many of the infantry weapons from that era look like that, dug out of the ground, I heard the most worn out and abused PPsH submachineguns could accidentally fire a round or two if dropped to the ground :)

Witht he old WW2 Sten guns they issued Canadians it was a common practice to clear a room by throwing the Sten gun in, enough forced would cause it to fire of the full magazine :?

worst choice of weapon ever...

very powerful but the accuracy is just useless making it a "crap" weapon... :) the best scenario to use it is in Forests since it can shoot through trees...

or am i wrong? :)

Morten said:

very powerful but the accuracy is just useless making it a "crap" weapon... :) the best scenario to use it is in Forests since it can shoot through trees...

Are you referring to the korobov rifle, it was said to be superior to its rivals in just about every way including accuracy I suppose, so if its accuracy is useless then one can only wonder how accurate are the surplus AKs :?

Armyjaeger said:
Morten said:

Are you referring to the korobov rifle, it was said to be superior to its rivals in just about every way including accuracy I suppose, so if its accuracy is useless then one can only wonder how accurate are the surplus AKs :?

woops my bad... haha... i was referring to the Kalashnikov AK-47... damn they all look alike :p haha... so i guess they have improved it alot!..

Back