Kalashnikov rival, the Korobov assault rifle

--

November 11th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Topic: Kalashnikov rival, the Korobov assault rifle

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as74-e.htm

So I was going through the website in the above link and found that weapon, the Korobov assault rifle was one of the competing designs that went through series of trials for being the next red army service weapon. According to the website the Korobov was found superior in nearly every way to its rivals but still the less effective and more complex AK rifle was chosen, weird politics I must say

Oh and check out the Korobov bullpup version too, looks cool and quite modern too for being 60 years old
What do you people think?
November 11th, 2005  
bulldogg

I want one.
November 11th, 2005  
phoenix80

not so many differences in appearance!
--
November 11th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

kamma kamika!
November 11th, 2005  
FutureDevilDog

Man, it looks like someone dug those out of the ground.
November 11th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
Many of the infantry weapons from that era look like that, dug out of the ground, I heard the most worn out and abused PPsH submachineguns could accidentally fire a round or two if dropped to the ground
November 11th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

I like the Bullpup version, but it's ugly, they might have chose the AK just for looks.

Now see if you're talking about something that could change the design period there. I remember watching Tales of the Gun on the History channel, this gun is both Recoil, and gas-operated.
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as08-e.htm
November 12th, 2005  
r031Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
Many of the infantry weapons from that era look like that, dug out of the ground, I heard the most worn out and abused PPsH submachineguns could accidentally fire a round or two if dropped to the ground
Witht he old WW2 Sten guns they issued Canadians it was a common practice to clear a room by throwing the Sten gun in, enough forced would cause it to fire of the full magazine
November 13th, 2005  
AussieNick

i prefer the bullpup. It was gorgeous compared to the regular one. How ugly is the for-grip.
November 15th, 2005  
Morten

worst choice of weapon ever...

very powerful but the accuracy is just useless making it a "crap" weapon... the best scenario to use it is in Forests since it can shoot through trees...

or am i wrong?