KAF_F-18g.jpg

KAF_F-18h.jpg

KAF_F-18i.jpg

KAF_F-18k.jpg

The Hercules

im746.jpg

otbat-l100.jpg

:visor:

Nice pics! Did US military gave F/A-18s to Kuwait after Desert Storm was over.

Yep. But Kuwait purchased them ofcourse. Ordered them, and got them :)

As for u Bulgar Soldja:

Kuwait has probaly about 32 F/A-18C, and 8 F/A-18D twin seat. Total 40.
Kuwait is interested in the F/A-18E/F super hornet for 2005 and 2006.
There is the Mirage F1 force which is for sale. A bunch of Skyhawks were sold to Brazil.
Anyway, Kuwait also has 12 hawk64 and 16 short Tucano for training. There are 16 boeing AH-64D Longbow Apache attack helicopters, equiped with the neccesary armament.
There are three AS532AF Cougar operate in the anti shiping role.
Three Lockheed L-300-30 Hercules are being currently replaced by six C-130J HerculesII.
A bunch of other choppers for police stuff and VIP.
Additional AH-64Ds may be bought.

Its a bit small, but good :)

*Note, most of the KAF pilots and personelle are trained abroad. Mostly go to Britain and get trained by the legendary RAF 8)
Some though, are trained by the French air force..lol

Same goes to the navy. Most are trained by the Royal Navy. While others, by the French.

The army and National Guard are trained by the American veterans ;)

Last edited:
hehehe ... thats good .....

in bulgaria we got mostly mig 29's ...... big reform at the moment tho to getthe army up to NATO standards.... so our migs are looking to be replaced with F16 maybe but not certainly and some 21 of our migs are being upgraded.

We train mostly wiv ourselves and now starting to train with the US ..... but we r legendary hehehe :D

some our soldiers train with the Us and share tactics ( at Novo Selo) ...... but we are not trained by the US ;)

Last edited:
heh, thats good.
I have read about the Bulgarian Air Force and yeah, their planes are mostly Russian and not up to date, but they sure have a good quantity of it 8) Unlike, say for example, Croatia heh..

Thanks Macbeth :drunkb:

I hope you don't mind me posting these images but before Kuwait bought the F/A-18 they had the trusty A-4 Skyhawks [later sold too Argentina and Brazil]

transparency.gif

transparency.gif

MightyMacbeth said:
*Note, most of the KAF pilots and personelle are trained abroad. Mostly go to Britain and get trained by the legendary RAF 8)
Some though, are trained by the French air force..lol
My understanding is that some retired US Marine aviators also went over to fly and train Kuwaiti F/A-18 crews...

Thanks for the sharing, G-Capo. Hmm...I have never heard anything about French Air Force training the Kuwaiti pilots.

AJChenMPH said:
My understanding is that some retired US Marine aviators also went over to fly and train Kuwaiti F/A-18 crews...

a possibility yes :) but also what I mentioned was certainly correct too if I am not mistaken :)

Back