Ka-bar

Do you have a ka-bar?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a KA-BAR Night Ranger. Bastard cost me $55, and only that because I knew the guy who ran the Store. I always carried it on my LBV, since I was a 203 gunner, a bayonet was a little useless. It is a nice knife. I like it. But, I also have a little Gerber Backpax. It is a small hatchet. The handle on it is just big enough for a hand. It is the BEST THING by far to have in the field. Ever tried to cut yourself out of Thick brush that you walked into because damn PVS-7s dont have depth perception with a KA-BAR? Me neither, I didn't want to find out, so I used my hatchet.

Re: again

sherman105 said:
again with the knife/byonet obssesion....

But how many more pgaes of shooting-things obsession?
Friend of a freind out east has one...almost cut his girlfriend once actually. (not intentionally)

KA-BAR totaly needs to stay in mil gear,what hapens if you somehow stay out of your ammo,what you gonna kil him with your bare hands,please.... ;)

What do you think about the new USMC M10 bayonet?I've seen just some pictures and i really dont like it.Hybrid of M9 and Ka-bar. Is here anybody who has it and can tell us anything about its quallities?

Ever tried to cut yourself out of Thick brush that you walked into because damn PVS-7s dont have depth perception with a KA-BAR?
No, but I've had to cut through about a million yards of concertina WITH A Gerber Multitool for the same reason! Well, that and lack of sleep, and WHAT THE HELL DID THEY PUT CONCERTINA AROUND THE LATRINE FOR ANYWAY!?!?
Still got a scar on the tip of my nose. Concertina scar. Tip of nose. :roll:

KA-BAR manufactures shorter versions of the originals. This one for instance. They have 'm stamped for al branches.

I gotta bayonet, and Ime gonna get a ka-bar at the next gun show. the 7 inch with 2 inches of serration are the coolest. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
I gotta bayonet, and Ime gonna get a ka-bar at the next gun show. the 7 inch with 2 inches of serration are the coolest. :cowb:
"The coolest" hmmmmm, they're not as easy to sharpen as the straight edged ones, and I never felt I missed the serrated edge on my USMC KA-BAR... I don't see the point, I guess.

I own 2 (to intimidate my baby sisters boyfriends) I LOOOOOOOVVVE to do that when I'm at home. NOBODY treats her with any disrespect.

Sgt Lou said:
I own 2 (to intimidate my baby sisters boyfriends) I LOOOOOOOVVVE to do that when I'm at home. NOBODY treats her with any disrespect.

Buy a knife for her........ *LOL* People are so intimidated when they see I carry a knife, and moreso when they find out I have two Katanas (One is a loner), a ka-bar, and a daggar that they leave me alone. :lol:

That, and my horrible temper, combined with the fact that most people don't understand a female having these things, makes me pretty intimidating.

Back