KA-50 VS Apache.

Ka-50 is the most maneuverable attack helicopter ever made, but Apache has superior computers and electronics and such. Not sure about armament.

after looking at the globalsecurity website, do you think it is a good idea to have all that info available to anyone who wants to see? i mean for the apache they have climb rates and armament lods, and for the KA-50 there is only a little bit of info. sorry if i am hijacking your thread.

after looking at the globalsecurity website, do you think it is a good idea to have all that info available to anyone who wants to see? i mean for the apache they have climb rates and armament lods, and for the KA-50 there is only a little bit of info. sorry if i am hijacking your thread.

None of that infomation is sensative, let alone accurate.

That's well and good, but I still believe the Ka-50 could outdo it in that area. I can't say which is a better helicopter, but I do know that aerial acrobatics don't win the battles.

Then you certainly don't know helo operations. It's a combonation of firepower, agility, speed and the pilots ability t multi-task in a :cen: situation.

Whatever you say. If you read my post carefully, you'd realize that I said in the AREA of fancy tricks and maneuverability the Ka-50 is superior, not that it had a better overall package! I was not talking about the combination of firepower, agility, speed, and the pilot's multitaking ability.

:idea:

Dude... Apache is cutting edge, top of the very top.
The KA-50 is probably another overrated Russian weapon that's been claimed way beyond what it's capable of.
You hear of manouverability etc. of MiGs or Sukhois for example and then get turned off knowing that the massive mother of a Su-27 can't carry what the first versions of the F-16 could.
Anyways, that's just what I think about Russian hardware.

Think of it this way. How many Ka-50's are there. How many Apaches are there. I'll take a couple of thousand AH-64's over what, two (?) Ka-50's any day of the week.

"The KA-50 is a state-of-the-art and powerful battle helicopter, designed in the 1980's, which is in limited service with the Russian Air Force. This aircraft is not fielded. Only a handful of prototypes exist, and it has not yet been approved for full-scale production."

Mike

Production of the KA-50 was recommenced in 2006 however.

For anyone interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ka-50

It uses a co-axial drive assembly, which means it doesnt need a tail rotor. That gives it more engine efficiancy, less vulnerability (since the loss of a tail rotor can put a helo out of commission) and more agility.

"The main armament are the twelve laser-guided VIKhR anti-tank missiles with a maximum range of some 10 km. The laser guidance is reported to be virtually jam-proof and the system features automatic guidance to target enabling evasive movement immediately after missile launch. The fire control system automatically shares all target information among the four Black Sharks of a typical flight in real time, allowing one helicopter to engage a target spotted by another, and the system also can input target information from ground-based forward scouts with man-portable target designation gear. The integrated 30mm cannon is semi-rigidly fixed on the helicopter's side, movable only slightly in elevation and azimuth. The aircraft's agility allows the weapon control system to turn (the entire helicopter and) the cannon at the target acquired in the pilot's helmet sight about as fast as the cannon turret of the Apache or the Mil-28 turns. The semi-rigid mounting improves the cannon's accuracy, giving the 30mm a longer practical range and better hit ratio at medium ranges than with a free-turning turret mount."

Ka-50 is the most maneuverable attack helicopter ever made, but Apache has superior computers and electronics and such. Not sure about armament.

Hmmm, I remember reading in several places the Ka-50 being the most advanced combat helicopter in the world, and beyond explaining everything else its better than the Apache at, it only has one thing on the Ka-50... numbers.

Let the flaming commence.

How's your reading comprehension? Try this out for size...

General forum rules

4. Flaming, Name Calling, Country Bashing, Spamming, Hate or Racism related posts are not accepted!

6. Be prepared to provide sources for things you have posted, lack of this may be considered spamming.

9. Do NOT double post (reply directly after one of your own posts)! Use the edit button instead! Bumps are allowed after 24hours.
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/faq.php?faq=forum_rules_features#faq_forum_rules
:thumb:
Here's hoping your stay is longer than I currently predict.

Back