K2

View Poll Results :Is the K2 assault rifle good?
It's good 8 72.73%
It's normal 1 9.09%
It sucks! 0 0%
I don't know and I don't care 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

--

January 23rd, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

Topic: K2

K2 is a South Korean assault rifle that is very popular in South Korea, but little known elsewhere. It is the replacement of the M16 which was formerly in South Korean use. It's a great rifle, and it uses parts from both the M16 and the Ak-47 which makes it kind of a blend between two of the greatest assault rifles on Earth. What do you think?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_K2
January 23rd, 2010  
A Can of Man

I used it and it never really jammed on me during my entire service. I guess us having decent magazines helped too.
It is very accurate and superbly reliable.
The only small issue I had with it was that it's a right handed weapon and I'm a left handed shooter. Certain things are a little inconvenient but it wasn't bad enough to affect my shooting.
January 23rd, 2010  
Atasas

NO OFFENSE, BUT IT IS 20'th Century technology weapon, there are better weapons in every aspect
IE HK G36; HK 416; SA 80-A2; Tavor TAR-21
--
January 23rd, 2010  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atasas
NO OFFENSE, BUT IT IS 20'th Century technology weapon, there are better weapons in every aspect
IE HK G36; HK 316; SA 80-A2; Tavor TAR-21
And you've used how many of the above?
Essentially, they are ALL 20th century weapons.
January 23rd, 2010  
03USMC

Quote:
IE HK G36; HK 416; SA 80-A2; Tavor TAR-21

That's all 20th Century tech repackaged and refined. Care to spin again?
January 23rd, 2010  
Atasas

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
And you've used how many of the above?
Essentially, they are ALL 20th century weapons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
That's all 20th Century tech repackaged and refined. Care to spin again?
By the time I've been leaving forces (after years of using Rattle box- AK) few units where getting G36 as standard replacement, as well as on testing 416's 417's And old tavor- only response I had- all are zillion times are better for accuracy, ease of use, reliability, than AK
Regarding 20'th and 21'st- OK I'd give you half point for discounting 416 and even SA, but unless you'd find a single parameter to say that G36 or TAR-21 are having lesser performance of rusty AK or M16 (or combination of both) in these circumstances... well We might as well discuss Single shot carbines!- they are awesome weapons too!?
January 23rd, 2010  
A Can of Man

Neither the AK nor the M-16 are the subject of this thread.
If you want to start a G-36 **** fest, either find a thread that covers it or make a new one.
January 23rd, 2010  
Atasas

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Neither the AK nor the M-16 are the subject of this thread.
If you want to start a G-36 **** fest, either find a thread that covers it or make a new one.
Technology of both is here in a form of K-2
Quote:
it uses parts from both the M16 and the Ak-47
Specs on Wiki indicate the same+ tech/spec used
Quote:
blend between two of the greatest assault rifles on Earth. What do you think?
I've provide my opinion
Quote:
1- no; 2- why should I?
January 23rd, 2010  
A Can of Man

It's design is based on both rifles but the output is quite original in its own right.
The gas system isn't exactly like that of the AK and there are many features of this weapon which are not like either weapon.
I've used the K-2 on a regular basis and I've taken apart both the M-16 and the AK-47 a few times so I think I know what I'm talking about. I've also met plenty of folks who had used both the K-2 and the M-16 and a few who have also fired the AK-47. Field stripping the K-2 isn't like field stripping either weapon. Personally, I've found the K-2's field stripping procedure to be extremely friendly and in my opinion, better than other rifles I have taken apart.
I don't know what a G-36 can do (because I haven't handled one), but with an ACOG, I don't see why my K-2 would be bad enough so that I'd ditch it for the G-36.
My K-2 didn't jam, is very accurate (though concensus is that it is slightly less accurate than an M-16, much more accurate than an AK-47), feels quite compact, is rather light, has a folding buttstock making cliff climbing and manual work easier with the rifle on my back, doesn't have many things that are prone to snagging onto things, has good ergonomics, even for a leftie, I can make a simple conversion to make it a "bolt action" weapon with practically zero recoil for maximum accuracy (this can be done in under three seconds), sheesh, what else? Oh yeah, it's got a nice solid buttstock to crack skulls with.
As for bullpup, I just don't like bullpups so SA-80 and Tavor wouldn't get my vote.
So let's see, I've used the K-2 and can take it apart and put it back together blind folded with assh0les screaming in my ear and on practice shoots I've fired scores that would have made me expert many times over.
And you've looked up a wikipedia article.
January 24th, 2010  
03USMC

Quote:
By the time I've been leaving forces (after years of using Rattle box- AK) few units where getting G36 as standard replacement, as well as on testing 416's 417's And old tavor- only response I had- all are zillion times are better for accuracy, ease of use, reliability, than AK
Regarding 20'th and 21'st- OK I'd give you half point for discounting 416 and even SA, but unless you'd find a single parameter to say that G36 or TAR-21 are having lesser performance of rusty AK or M16 (or combination of both) in these circumstances... well We might as well discuss Single shot carbines!- they are awesome weapons too!?
The subject is the K-2 go google it and voice your opinion or get out.

My opinion the K2 is no better or worse than the standard Battle Rifle but I have only Fam Fired it. 13th is the authority.