• It's normal

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It sucks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know and I don't care

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Korean Seaboy

K2 is a South Korean assault rifle that is very popular in South Korea, but little known elsewhere. It is the replacement of the M16 which was formerly in South Korean use. It's a great rifle, and it uses parts from both the M16 and the Ak-47 which makes it kind of a blend between two of the greatest assault rifles on Earth. What do you think?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daewoo_K2

I used it and it never really jammed on me during my entire service. I guess us having decent magazines helped too.
It is very accurate and superbly reliable.
The only small issue I had with it was that it's a right handed weapon and I'm a left handed shooter. Certain things are a little inconvenient but it wasn't bad enough to affect my shooting.

NO OFFENSE, BUT IT IS 20'th Century technology weapon, there are better weapons in every aspect
IE HK G36; HK 416; SA 80-A2; Tavor TAR-21

Last edited:
NO OFFENSE, BUT IT IS 20'th Century technology weapon, there are better weapons in every aspect
IE HK G36; HK 416; SA 80-A2; Tavor TAR-21

That's all 20th Century tech repackaged and refined. Care to spin again?

And you've used how many of the above?
Essentially, they are ALL 20th century weapons.

That's all 20th Century tech repackaged and refined. Care to spin again?
By the time I've been leaving forces (after years of using Rattle box- AK) few units where getting G36 as standard replacement, as well as on testing 416's 417's And old tavor- only response I had- all are zillion times are better for accuracy, ease of use, reliability, than AK
Regarding 20'th and 21'st- OK I'd give you half point for discounting 416 and even SA, but unless you'd find a single parameter to say that G36 or TAR-21 are having lesser performance of rusty AK or M16 (or combination of both) in these circumstances... well We might as well discuss Single shot carbines!- they are awesome weapons too!?

Neither the AK nor the M-16 are the subject of this thread.
If you want to start a G-36 **** fest, either find a thread that covers it or make a new one.

Neither the AK nor the M-16 are the subject of this thread.
If you want to start a G-36 **** fest, either find a thread that covers it or make a new one.
Technology of both is here in a form of K-2
it uses parts from both the M16 and the Ak-47
Specs on Wiki indicate the same+ tech/spec used
blend between two of the greatest assault rifles on Earth. What do you think?
I've provide my opinion
1- no; 2- why should I?

It's design is based on both rifles but the output is quite original in its own right.
The gas system isn't exactly like that of the AK and there are many features of this weapon which are not like either weapon.
I've used the K-2 on a regular basis and I've taken apart both the M-16 and the AK-47 a few times so I think I know what I'm talking about. I've also met plenty of folks who had used both the K-2 and the M-16 and a few who have also fired the AK-47. Field stripping the K-2 isn't like field stripping either weapon. Personally, I've found the K-2's field stripping procedure to be extremely friendly and in my opinion, better than other rifles I have taken apart.
I don't know what a G-36 can do (because I haven't handled one), but with an ACOG, I don't see why my K-2 would be bad enough so that I'd ditch it for the G-36.
My K-2 didn't jam, is very accurate (though concensus is that it is slightly less accurate than an M-16, much more accurate than an AK-47), feels quite compact, is rather light, has a folding buttstock making cliff climbing and manual work easier with the rifle on my back, doesn't have many things that are prone to snagging onto things, has good ergonomics, even for a leftie, I can make a simple conversion to make it a "bolt action" weapon with practically zero recoil for maximum accuracy (this can be done in under three seconds), sheesh, what else? Oh yeah, it's got a nice solid buttstock to crack skulls with.
As for bullpup, I just don't like bullpups so SA-80 and Tavor wouldn't get my vote.
So let's see, I've used the K-2 and can take it apart and put it back together blind folded with assh0les screaming in my ear and on practice shoots I've fired scores that would have made me expert many times over.
And you've looked up a wikipedia article.

By the time I've been leaving forces (after years of using Rattle box- AK) few units where getting G36 as standard replacement, as well as on testing 416's 417's And old tavor- only response I had- all are zillion times are better for accuracy, ease of use, reliability, than AK
Regarding 20'th and 21'st- OK I'd give you half point for discounting 416 and even SA, but unless you'd find a single parameter to say that G36 or TAR-21 are having lesser performance of rusty AK or M16 (or combination of both) in these circumstances... well We might as well discuss Single shot carbines!- they are awesome weapons too!?

The subject is the K-2 go google it and voice your opinion or get out.

My opinion the K2 is no better or worse than the standard Battle Rifle but I have only Fam Fired it. 13th is the authority.

The subject is the K-2 go google it and voice your opinion or get out.

My opinion the K2 is no better or worse than the standard Battle Rifle but I have only Fam Fired it. 13th is the authority.
would you explain yourself here?
apart from your offer to get out- (keep it to yourself)- just cant make no sense of what you attempted to say in relation to my post and/or the object of discussion...
Thanks!

You're making comments about a weapon that you've never used and you're practically saying you know better than two guys in this forum who have fired it.

apart from your offer to get out- (keep it to yourself)- just cant make no sense of what you attempted to say in relation to my post and/or the object of discussion...
Thanks!

Having never fired the K2 you have no valid opinion when it comes to the K2's serviceabilty. 13th toted a K2 and I have fam fired a K2, so I am discarding your opinion as uninformed, and of no value.

You make any sense of that?

Won't be keepin much to myself....Just so's ya know.

K-2 South Korean assault rifle uses an AK-47-style gas piston system, fires 2.23
but it also comes in 7.62mm, Well God Bless!

Muzzle velocity Only 920 M/S, Hold on F/S is how much? My Shoot-Gun "Trudie", fires rounds 1800 f/s

MAX Range 2400M, I have a hard time believing that. Never out of 2.23 round.LOL

Question; when submerged in sand or water and quickly exposed, does it fire
Rock & Roll with out Jamming??

It Water, many not recommended?

What happens in dusty or debris conditions?

In -30C will it fire and not Jam, or freeze up on you?

Their are assault rifles that have all those capabilities, To many others don't.

2.23 is a useless round. 7.62mm has more kinetic force, and goes through mud hut walls and fences.

Give me a M14, DMR 7.62mm at 500M with iron sites~~~~~X Heck I even got Me, the Ammo Pouches USMC Issue for it.

J

Last edited:
Thanks!

Respect is the word my good Sir, for both persons who know wtf they're talking about due to Law enforcement/military service, personal experiences and for forum seniority. I'd listen to both 03 and 13, they mighty knowledgeable in the ways of the Jedi.

K-2 South Korean assault rifle uses an AK-47-style gas piston system, fires 2.23
but it also comes in 7.62mm, Well God Bless!

Muzzle velocity Only 920 M/S, Hold on F/S is how much? My Shoot-Gun "Trudie", fires rounds 1800 f/s

920 m/s is roughly 3050 ft/s...The 5.56x45 round is high velocity regardless of the platform it's fired from...
MAX Range 2400M, I have a hard time believing that. Never out of 2.23 round.LOL

You do understand the difference between Maximum Range and Maximum Effective Range Correct? Or not so much?

Question; when submerged in sand or water and quickly exposed, does it fire
Rock & Roll with out Jamming??

Rock and Roll ???? Really??? Automatic firing is your grail?

It Water, many not recommended?

As much as any battle rifle.

What happens in dusty or debris conditions?

Same as Any Battle Rifle. It has to be kept clean.

In -30C will it fire and not Jam, or freeze up on you?

Ever been to Korea in the Winter??? It was designed for their conditions.

Their are assault rifles that have all those capabilities, To many others don't.

2.23 is a useless round. 7.62mm has more kinetic force, and goes through mud hut walls and fences.

First there are a whole lot of dead people that would argue that the 5.56 round is not worthless. There are a whole lot of people that made them dead with a 5.56 that would say the same thing.

7.62 will go thru some cover ....but it doesn't have the .50 BMG attributes you allude to.

Give me a M14, DMR 7.62mm at 500M with iron sites~~~~~X Heck I even got Me, the Ammo Pouches USMC Issue for it.
Designated Marksman Rifles are optic equipped by design, that's their function and purpose.

J

Embedded

South Korea not much snow Like Canada or N.Y. -10c is common -20c once in a while.

Today the temp is -30c with the wind factor in Quebec.

I was told many story's from my Marine friends that told me they would empty a complete 30 r Mag and the V.C. would still be moving
and running in there direction. Also known as a tumbling round, hit a leaf or?? and the round can be deflected from It's trajectory.

Max rang & effective rang I have a some clue, but I could be wrong. All 223, 5.56 effective rang is around 450m and thats debatable.

No there`s Assault Rifles no need to clean or very little maintenance required, will not jam. And submerged in water or sand when
exposed will fire every time. Like the XM8 but since it's made of Polymer I think might have problems in cold Climates, The US did cancel
that project it does look like someting out of Star wars, funny looking rifle.

M14s I fired had Iron site also. Unless things have changed, to qualify for shooting school must group 5R in 12" I think It's 8" with
Iron Sites first at 500m.??? And I was with many USMC at the Canadian General Water Shoots of Canada shooting school when the
Corps was developing their Program again. Wasn't the Corps book from a Canadian Sniper Originally?

Rock and Roll is more for suppressive fire not selective shooting.

Since I have no clue about this A.R. I was just asking questions about it's capabilities to be more informed.

OK If I remember M14 is around 2700-2800 f/s M16 2500-2800 F/s C-7 3000F/s

This I copied and pasted from an article

Muzzle velocity:

305 grain (19.76 g) Copper Nickel Solid: 3258 ft/s (993 m/s)
370 grain (24.0 g) Armor Piercing: 3100 ft/s (945 m/s)
419 grain (27.15 g) Copper Nickel Solid: 2900 ft/s (884 m/s)
419 grain (27.15 g) Copper Nickel Solid: 2750 ft/s (838 m/s)
420 grain (27.22 g) FMJ lead core target/hunt bullet: 2750 ft/s (838 m/s)

Last edited:
Embedded as well

South Korea not much snow Like Canada or N.Y. -10c is common -20c once in a while.
-10 c is very common and -20c is not unusual either in Korea. Kangwon province, where a LOT of the Army's stuff is, snows like crazy. Clearing the snow is one of their rites of passage almost... especially since if they don't clear the roads of snow (miles and miles and miles of it) they don't get resupplied.

Today the temp is -30c with the wind factor in Quebec.

I was told many story's from my Marine friends that told me they would empty a complete 30 r Mag and the V.C. would still be moving
They obviously missed.
and running in there direction. Also known as a tumbling round, hit a leaf or?? and the round can be deflected from It's trajectory.
The bullet will be fine.

Max rang & effective rang I have a some clue, but I could be wrong. All 223, 5.56 effective rang is around 450m and thats debatable.
No, the effective range is more like 550m for a point target but it depends on your bullet and rifle. There's not much debate about it if you've hit your target at that range.

No there`s Assault Rifles no need to clean or very little maintenance required, will not jam. And submerged in water or sand when
exposed will fire every time. Like the XM8 but since it's made of Polymer I think might have problems in cold Climates, The US did cancel
that project it does look like someting out of Star wars, funny looking rifle.
My K-2 fired well even when it was reasonably dirty.

M14s I fired had Iron site also. Unless things have changed, to qualify for shooting school must group 5R in 12" I think It's 8" with
Iron Sites first at 500m.??? And I was with many USMC at the Canadian General Water Shoots of Canada shooting school when the
Corps was developing their Program again. Wasn't the Corps book from a Canadian Sniper Originally?

Rock and Roll is more for suppressive fire not selective shooting.
Most people will still use the 3 round burst for that for all the good reasons.

Since I have no clue about this A.R. I was just asking questions about it's capabilities to be more informed.
Seemed like you had a pretty strong opinion about a rifle you have no clue about.

OK If I remember M14 is around 2700-2800 f/s M16 2500-2800 F/s C-7 3000F/s

This I copied and pasted from an article

Muzzle velocity:

305 grain (19.76 g) Copper Nickel Solid: 3258 ft/s (993 m/s)
370 grain (24.0 g) Armor Piercing: 3100 ft/s (945 m/s)
419 grain (27.15 g) Copper Nickel Solid: 2900 ft/s (884 m/s)
419 grain (27.15 g) Copper Nickel Solid: 2750 ft/s (838 m/s)
420 grain (27.22 g) FMJ lead core target/hunt bullet: 2750 ft/s (838 m/s)
A 5.56mm round, when fired from a K-2, will easily beat Usain Bolt. The K-2 has seen action against North Korean infiltrators/commandos and it has passed with flying colors.

Well I will say this. At 500 meters I can put rounds center mass of a man sized target all day long with a standard M16A2 with iron sights.

I have also engaged targets out to the same range with a K2 during counterpart training in Pohang, with nearly the same results, but I was unfamilier with the K2 and have no doubt that given the time could work it up better.

For the record the Offical target distances for 5.56 NATO according to the USMC 500 for a point target and 800 for an area target.

30 Rounds and no effect? Well they missed because of spray and pray mode, also since 30 round magazines did not become standard issue in the USMC until 70-71 I question the data.

Back