K1 fighters

Ted

I have followed the K1 circuit for a while now and it suddenly struck me that I rarely see US fighters. I saw a documentary about US Muy Thai fighters, but they are rare. Can anybody fill me in why the Americans are not often seen in the international fighting circuit?

(Just as a note of pride: for a non-militaristic society we have a lot of succes in martial arts. We have had worldchampions in Judo, Muy Thai, Teakwon Do, Karate and K1 tournaments. The last three K1 editions were won by Dutchmen. Funny ins't it?)

I might be wrong here, but I think its illegal (or at least strongly discouraged) for US citizens to particpate in Asian "Bloodsports". The last American Champ that I remember was Frank Ducs (from the Van Damme movie) if I remember correctly he had some legal problems upon his return to the US.

Ted said:
I have followed the K1 circuit for a while now and it suddenly struck me that I rarely see US fighters. I saw a documentary about US Muy Thai fighters, but they are rare. Can anybody fill me in why the Americans are not often seen in the international fighting circuit?

(Just as a note of pride: for a non-militaristic society we have a lot of succes in martial arts. We have had worldchampions in Judo, Muy Thai, Teakwon Do, Karate and K1 tournaments. The last three K1 editions were won by Dutchmen. Funny ins't it?)

I see no one has warned you about Chuck Norris.:pray:

Hahahahahaha yeah right, didn't he fight at Okinawa during WWII? He was a good fighter, so maybe I should specify this to the last 10 years.

Back