JUST WHAT IS PTSD - Page 2

--
Boots

October 7th, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
By bush I meant in a combat situation , its quite true I know little about Afghan but I'd like too know , but I'm under attack every time I mention anything , anything !!!! at all .
I am staying out of this thread because it simply does not concern me but I think I can answer part of this post, your problem is in the way you phrase your posts as oddly enough they come across as aggressive even if that is not the intent.

For example if I had responded to your first post in this thread immediately after I read it I would have posted as though you were questioning the validity of PTSD as a disorder however once I read the post two or three times I realised that is not what you were asking and in return I would have replied completely in a different manner.
October 7th, 2014  
brinktk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I am staying out of this thread because it simply does not concern me but I think I can answer part of this post, your problem is in the way you phrase your posts as oddly enough they come across as aggressive even if that is not the intent.

For example if I had responded to your first post in this thread immediately after I read it I would have posted as though you were questioning the validity of PTSD as a disorder however once I read the post two or three times I realised that is not what you were asking and in return I would have replied completely in a different manner.
I agree, perhaps his approach is not in line with his intentions. Let us try to be more plain in our speak and more open in our response. Perhaps ther we will be able to ammend this problem.
October 12th, 2014  
Pledger28

I'm reading an advanced copy of Ali Aimes new book True Confessions of an Army wife -Aisha- and it's about a soldier with PTSD. I think it's the second book in the series. Definitely my new favorite author.
--
Boots
October 12th, 2014  
tetvet

PTSD puts a terrible strain on families it can be contained but just barely , medication helps along with therapy but will power is the closest thing to a cure ,person affected needs to understand that the mountain he has to clime is his but that there will help along the way .