Just who owns the US national debt

I just find it very interesting that the US Government owns 52% of the US debt...

Another thing is the government doesn't have any money...it is supplied by the people...

Just like major corporations don't pay taxes, hell they don't even pay their employees....People do every time you buy a good or service, the only thing they are doing is making a profit.

Last edited:
Nope, but I'm curious to why you say this.

I'm just stating the facts, just the facts....lol

No most people think that the grocery store they bought there bread at actually pays taxes, figuratively sure. But actually those taxes are included in the price of the good that you purchase. I believe you would call this overhead, since the point of owning and running a business is to make a profit.

Random thoughts that somewhat tie into what we are discussing....

Even within communism the government only exists if it has people....

A group only exists if it is more than one person....

Anarchist meetings...now that kinda goes against the point doesn't it....

Last edited:
Anarchist meetings... nice :)

Just noticed the theme in your other post... people are the power... corporations are leeches that survive on the labor of others... that's what it seemed to be saying... very Marxist in that sense.

It is the pseudoscience of economics that is the bane of capitalist markets. Attempting to define and predict human behaviour in mathematic formulas is disingenuous habberdashery imho. Pre-WWII economics was recognised as it should be- a branch of psychology. It is all theory of human behaviour. Theories, not laws. This is why economists never agree. Putting your faith in them is as reasonable as trusting in Freud to interpret your dreams.

Yeah I love when they talk about projected losses....like how the EXPLETIVE can you calculate that, you cant you are just guessing....

Back