Just An Old Salt

DakotaSurfer

Just an old salt saying Hi! Joined the Navy December 74 decided to get out October 87. Too many changes, too much b******t, (They told me to lose the beard even know I had it since my 1st command. I was under the old GI bill and they told us if we didn't use it by a certain date we'd lose it and I couldn't exactly quit to go to college so I lost most of benefits. I had to buy into the new GI bill and I thought that was BS. Then they started putting women on combat ships, sorry ladies but I think we're pretty aware of what that caused already.) They also told us that changes in benefits were on the way, changes in dependent health care and other items so I said I'd had enough an re-enlist and I got out. Besides the of bureaucracy I had a blast in the Navy, saw a lot of different places (32 countries) from my 1st command in Naples Italy to locations all over the world.

I was I was born and bred in the Midwest in the great state of South Dakota. I got the hell away from an abusive father and the Navy was the best thing I could have done.

Honor, Courage, Commitment Hoorah!

MA1, USN

MA1_GC.png

Just an old salt saying Hi! Joined the Navy December 74 decided to get out October 87. Too many changes, too much b******t, (They told me to lose the beard even know I had it since my 1st command. I was under the old GI bill and they told us if we didn't use it by a certain date we'd lose it and I couldn't exactly quit to go to college so I lost most of benefits. I had to buy into the new GI bill and I thought that was BS. Then they started putting women on combat ships, sorry ladies but I think we're pretty aware of what that caused already.) They also told us that changes in benefits were on the way, changes in dependent health care and other items so I said I'd had enough an re-enlist and I got out. Besides the of bureaucracy I had a blast in the Navy, saw a lot of different places (32 countries) from my 1st command in Naples Italy to locations all over the world.

I was I was born and bred in the Midwest in the great state of South Dakota. I got the hell away from an abusive father and the Navy was the best thing I could have done.

Honor, Courage, Commitment Hoorah!

MA1, USN

MA1_GC.png

Welcome aboard Jack.

Back