Power?

• maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• yes

• Total voters
To Nero from earlier, the british were doing the same thing in america, india, and their other colonies, they all led to rebbelion, thats wre america is headed unless we out-right tell the government that we dont want their "protection
I must admit you have confused me. What does what the British did, have to do with the Patriot Act?
We can not tell the Government we don't want their protection?
Follow the obvious:
A. We elected them for that reason.
B. It is in the Constitution, that is one of their duties.
C. Why do you say 'we'. Do you believe you speak for all of us?

Side issue: Nero was a Roman, not a Brit. Rome conquered Britain but when the Empire fell the Brits achieved freedom long enough for the Vikings to take it.

Well as i see it,some country that poseses a colony and is afraid of rebelion is certanly gonna use the full POWER to stop any cind of rebellion
O...K... What country possesses a colony that is rebelling? What does that have to do with the Patriot Act or the government taking more power on to itself?

You can find a definition of the Patriot Act here.
http://www.lifeandliberty.gov

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I'm staying on this side of the Atlantic for now.

Your side of the Atlantic

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I'm staying on this side of the Atlantic for now
O...K... So what? Is that like some sort of insult? Are you saying you have a better form of Government? How nice. So stay there, now and forever. No Lo Siento. Any one on this topic want to make sense? Everyone tends to wander far afield.
Who is it you think has absolute power and is absolutely corrupt? The British Parliment comes close. The French Digest is there. Some others are achieving that staus slowly but surely. Ah well. What ever. Live where you are and want. Tain't nothing to me.

Re: Your side of the Atlantic

eaglestrikes said:
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I'm staying on this side of the Atlantic for now
O...K... So what? Is that like some sort of insult? Are you saying you have a better form of Government? How nice. So stay there, now and forever. No Lo Siento. Any one on this topic want to make sense? Everyone tends to wander far afield.
Who is it you think has absolute power and is absolutely corrupt? The British Parliment comes close. The French Digest is there. Some others are achieving that staus slowly but surely. Ah well. What ever. Live where you are and want. Tain't nothing to me.
Actully with that new religion law the french pass absolute power.

Re: Your side of the Atlantic

eaglestrikes said:
I didn't mean that as an insult, calm down. I just meant that I don't like it when poeple have the power to invade my privacy without a warrant. If I get on a plane to the US right now, they want my fingerprints my credit card number and more info like that. And it's not like I'm from a hostile region.
I don't know what the British and the French have to do with this, I thought we were talking about the US government and about whether they get more and more power or not. I think they do get more power, and that that could be dangerous. That's just my opinion, but I think I'm entitled to it.

Oh, and I don't really appreciate the sarcasm in your post, if you don't mind me saying.

To be honest, 1217, your previous post offended me as well, whether you meant it to be insulting or not, it comes across as saying our government is corrupt, which ain't exactly a way to make friends ;) .

Redneck said:
To be honest, 1217, your previous post offended me as well, whether you meant it to be insulting or not, it comes across as saying our government is corrupt, which ain't exactly a way to make friends ;) .
Well, I hope I got my point across the second time without insulting anybody. Apperantly I should have explained what I meant in the first post.
Sorry :oops:

The French law is not about absolute power but about public schools, religions and integration...
Everything was working and balanced until the French Muslim community started to really expand...The French laws are similar to the US regarding immigration, visas, status and "family grouping". So we ended up with a dozen legally "imported" relatives per legal immigrants on top of the illegal immigrants democracies cannot deport anymore...
The result is about 25 to 30% Muslims, most of them fresh from their third world contries, that live by their traditional values and refuse integration. Now, like it happens so often here, they want to change the French system, they want to impose their things...
That is how the headscarves made their way to schools and the French are now considered racists because they finally (thanks god!) decided that preserving the nation's values was a matter of survival and banned ALL visible religious symbol...
To much power or common sense?
Power to serve common sense?
I liked it!!!

Absolute Power

If you get on a plane to go anywhere out of this country or into it someone is going to check on you. Some do it with subtlety others less so.
The Israeli's are good at it.
As to not liking it. Je Agree. It is why I travel by Car. If they build a bridge to Hawaii I may go re-visit. Until then I will not enter into an airport where someone with the mentality of a prison guard demands I take my shoe off, unbuckle my belt, open my shirt and do everything except bend over. That to me is an unwarranted intrusion into my privacy. I can not change it, many agree with it. I travel by car and avoid it. Besides, I've been overseas. First three time in Nam. People kept shooting at me which offended me greatly. me being such a nice guy an all. Went to Korea courtesy of uncle Sam. Damned if they didn't shoot at me there.(Also three years) Sheesh, antisocial and inhospitable. All I can say.
You inferred we were corrupted by power. I pointed out that other countries wield a LOT more power than we do.
Calm down? I was not excited. What could you say or do on an INTERNET that would warrant getting excited? O....K...Indicates slowness of speech as in, mild curiosity. You said you're side of the Atlantic. i didn't figure you meant here in the U.S.A.
As to the U.S. Gov acquiring more power. Yes they do. It needs to be curtailed, however there is not a sufficient amount of people who vote that are ready to take action by voting out the Incumbents that are bent on providing themselves with more. Like McCain Feingold which should have been labeled the Incumbent Protection act.
And so it goes.

Re: Absolute Power

eaglestrikes said:
First three time in Nam. People kept shooting at me which offended me greatly. me being such a nice guy an all. Went to Korea courtesy of uncle Sam. Damned if they didn't shoot at me there.(Also three years) Sheesh, antisocial and inhospitable. All I can say..
:D :D :D

Back