just joined

chidley

Hi

I am a civilian living in Boston and found this site while looking on the net for info about my grandfather's unit. He served in WWII with the 133d combat engineers in the third army. I am trying to find soldiers who may know him or served in the same bn in france.

I never joined the military although I did go to a couple of recruiters at different points in my life. My brothers served, one a Marine the other a Sailor, but not past their first enlistment period.

So, if anyone can help me find members of my grampa's unit, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Welcome chidley. Good luck finding your info. There are a lot of WWII buffs on here who are good at finding websites for Veterans.

Hi Chidley, welcome to the boards. I'm sure we'll be able to help you with your research. I won't be around as much as I have been lately, but you'll still get help. Later man.

welcome messages

Thank you to all of you who have sent me welcome messages. I did find a website called BattleBus and on it was a soldier talking about his landing at Utah Beach with the 133d Combat Engineer BN...So I looked him up and today sent him a letter. Here's hoping!

Back