Just joined

--

July 6th, 2005  
poiema

Topic: Just joined

I came across this forum while doing a Google search for "world war i color photos". Some months back, I started building a hidden site with a number of such photos. http://www.poiemadesign.com/wwi

Posted the link in a single message on one blog and forgot about it... until I started looking at my stats later in the month. I had no idea so many people were that interested! What is taking me time to complete the site is translating the French captions, and, of course, my regular work as a web designer.

As for me, got a degree in history back in '71, never was able to serve in the military - 4F ::sigh:: - but have always been interested in military history.

Hobbies, reading, computers, travel, missions.

This looks to be a very interesting forum.

Poiema
July 6th, 2005  
Missileer

Topic: Re: Just joined

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiema
As for me, got a degree in history back in '71, never was able to serve in the military - 4F ::sigh:: - but have always been interested in military history.

Poiema
You didn't miss much. Welcome to the forums.
July 6th, 2005  
fronzz

Howdy and welcome to the forums!
--
July 6th, 2005  
Redleg

Welcome to the forums poiema.

You've got some interesting pictures on your site.
Interested in exchanging some links??
July 7th, 2005  
poiema

Topic: Re: Just joined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiema

Poiema
You didn't miss much. Welcome to the forums.
No, I may not have missed much as it relates to Vietnam - and my lottery number was 41 - but I've always been attracted to the military.

If it had not been for my medical condition, I might have gotten an appointment to the Air Force Academy... oh, well, such is life, eh?
July 7th, 2005  
poiema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Welcome to the forums poiema.

You've got some interesting pictures on your site.
Interested in exchanging some links??
Don't see why not. Your site seems to have some really good material on it - I've only had a chance to glance at it.

poiema
July 7th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Mmmmh a RL-Poiema connection...
Welcome man.
July 9th, 2005  
danthepirate

welcome to this place where we pass our time by writing things
July 12th, 2005  
poiema

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthepirate
welcome to this place where we pass our time by writing things
I've a good friend who has written on the behavioral profiles of the leaders of the American Allied leadership in WWII. It is fascinating to see the personalities of the Allied chain of command and how they integrate.
July 14th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

welcome to the forums poiema

I love the WWI picts!!!