Just joined

poiema

I came across this forum while doing a Google search for "world war i color photos". Some months back, I started building a hidden site with a number of such photos. http://www.poiemadesign.com/wwi

Posted the link in a single message on one blog and forgot about it... until I started looking at my stats later in the month. I had no idea so many people were that interested! What is taking me time to complete the site is translating the French captions, and, of course, my regular work as a web designer.

As for me, got a degree in history back in '71, never was able to serve in the military - 4F ::sigh:: - but have always been interested in military history.

Hobbies, reading, computers, travel, missions.

This looks to be a very interesting forum.

Poiema

poiema said:
As for me, got a degree in history back in '71, never was able to serve in the military - 4F ::sigh:: - but have always been interested in military history.

Poiema

You didn't miss much. Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums poiema.

You've got some interesting pictures on your site.
Interested in exchanging some links?? :)

Missileer said:
poiema said:

Poiema

You didn't miss much. Welcome to the forums.
No, I may not have missed much as it relates to Vietnam - and my lottery number was 41 - but I've always been attracted to the military.

If it had not been for my medical condition, I might have gotten an appointment to the Air Force Academy... oh, well, such is life, eh?

Redleg said:
Welcome to the forums poiema.

You've got some interesting pictures on your site.
Interested in exchanging some links?? :)
Don't see why not. Your site seems to have some really good material on it - I've only had a chance to glance at it.

poiema

danthepirate said:
welcome to this place where we pass our time by writing things
I've a good friend who has written on the behavioral profiles of the leaders of the American Allied leadership in WWII. It is fascinating to see the personalities of the Allied chain of command and how they integrate.

Doody said:
welcome to the forums poiema

I love the WWI picts!!!

Glad you enjoy them... I'll be adding more over this weekend. Of course, my bandwidth usage is going through the roof... :roll:

Of course, if you go there, you know what to do to help, eh? ;->

poiema

Welcome poiema, enjoy the forums. I have yet to take a look at your site but I will.

Back