Just in Israel is more abusive than North Korea.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

" The human rights group Amnesty International has "squandered its reputation," according to a new think tank report, by focusing on the alleged misdeeds of Israel and the United States while practically ignoring rights violations by China, North Korea and other notorious regimes.
"Amnesty International has moved its focus away from human rights as traditionally understood and toward human rights as Leftist ideology," stated Alex Svetlicinii of Capital Research Center (CRC), which conducted the study."

That makes a lot of sense to me :lol:
Shouldn't this go under the Joke and Humor Section, though?

Last edited:
ah yes, Amnesty International, the people who criticize Israel for operations in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank but fail to mention suicide bombings by Palestinians against Israeli civilians.

Itailian Guy has a point. It seems, in the eyes of Amnesty International, that the US violates more human rights than many other notorious nations.

The organization, like the UN human rights commission, is a joke.

I don't know if I should be angry at these morons or laugh at them.

Either way, they are proving their stupidity.

I use to respect this organization along time ago.

But I guess they are trying to use their political bias to try to influence people, but in the process they have squandered their reputation. What a bunch of idiots.

People like this make me sick, they ruin and screw with other peoples lives just to prove showcase some political agenda.

Just try and make your own organization to assess the same facts as AI does, you'll find it next to impossible to establish the same connections as they have over the decades with the constantly changing political climate over the world. So the reason the commies and dictatorships have lower scores than the democracies? AI has no idea what's going on in those countries to give an accurate score.

If that's the case then they shouldn't be giving scores to anyone.

But what sounds worse: North Korea is starving it´s people or America submits prisoners to inhumane questioning? That about North Korea will surprise almost nobody, but many are surprised about America.... and the harm is done. They point more at Isreal and America because they expect so much utopic behaviour. And on a greater scale saying the US is worse than North Korea is making yourself look ridiculous.

Ted said:
But what sounds worse: North Korea is starving it´s people or America submits prisoners to inhumane questioning? That about North Korea will surprise almost nobody, but many are surprised about America.... and the harm is done. They point more at Isreal and America because they expect so much utopic behaviour. And on a greater scale saying the US is worse than North Korea is making yourself look ridiculous.
An international human rights organization should not use political standards. It should record human rights violations and list them on an equal basis. Otherwise any effort to present a list of countries and rank them is what makes them ridiculous. Believe it or not, there is no way on earth the US or Israel treat their citizens the same way North Korea treats his. Absolutely normal that Americans or Israelis feel outraged by this laughable survey conducted by a biased organization.

Last edited:
Italian Guy said:
An international human rights organization should not use political standards. It should record human rights violations and list them on an equal basis.

I know this IG.... But it is like asking the press only to state facts after proper research. They should do it like that, but they aren´t... why? Because like all other people, they like a juicy skoop. And trying to nail the US to the cross is way more exciting than the obvious hell-hole North Korea!

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
I think this may be because Israel allows a little more transparency than North Korea. So basically what they're getting at is "Israel commits more human rights abuses that North Korea that we can confirm"

Thanks for the weekend joke, dude!

This organization is eager to bash Israel and United States.
From them, North Korea, Libya and Iran are freedom's keeper.
Wonderful countries against "Great Satan US".
Anyway Libya was the chaircountry of Human Rights Commision.
Libya eager in protection of human rights.
I found an ironical situation.
The funds to blame pressure countries of human rights aren't collected.
The democracies'people have little interest in a human rights ploblems of other countries.
The funds to criticize democracies gather easily.
Dictatorial states would desparately like to blame democracies'problems.
Resolution to clear oppression states of human rights
There are a lot of countries to oppose them
I,m sad to watch these rotten of UN

sandy said:
This organization is eager to bash Israel and United States.
From them, North Korea, Libya and Iran are freedom's keeper.
Wonderful countries against "Great Satan US".
Anyway Libya was the chaircountry of Human Rights Commision.
Libya eager in protection of human rights.
I found an ironical situation.
The funds to blame pressure countries of human rights aren't collected.
The democracies'people have little interest in a human rights ploblems of other countries.
The funds to criticize democracies gather easily.
Dictatorial states would desparately like to blame democracies'problems.
Resolution to clear oppression states of human rights
There are a lot of countries to oppose them
I,m sad to watch these rotten of UN

true true

The UN can't exclude nations from their counsels so they have to include places like lybia. I don't like it either, but what's worse, casting out a problematic country or at least trying to work with AI aside?

Disclaimer: I agree that AI exaggerates human rights problems in the US and Israel instead of focussing on countries where human rights violations really cause grievance for many many people. If I had to chose I'd much rather be held in Guantanamo than in an ordinary russian prison where I'd have to share a cell with 20 others and get infected with tuberculosis within the first week.

That aside: Did anybody actually read that cited "study"? Seems pretty obscure to me. Somewhere in fineprint I'm told that it was written by some Moldovan student that was a summer intern at their "Institute" last year. He probably didn't have scientific writing 101 before that. The first 4 pages are a plain anti-AI-pamphlet that tell how A.I. is just another "transnational leftist" organisation that is against the "free world", supports evil feminists and so forth. I think when criticizing a non-profit organisation for being biased and having a political agenda its not very clever to do so in such an overtly biased way, merely hiding one's own political agenda.

Then there is the "scientific" part where they calculate these scrutinity scores. For that they take the number of AI reports from that country, per capita, and then divide it by some sort of freedom index for that country from another institute. Seems pretty arbitrary to me. If you just take the mere number of reports per (million) capita, the U.S. has 0.6, UK 0.7, Iran 1.4,Greece 1.6, Zimbabwe 2.0, Syria 4.2, Israel 5.1. China and NK are both < 0.1.

Now these are some mixed values that don't correspond too well with the actual situation in those countries, however the US score is pretty low. I think these results are most accurately interpreted as the product of a) the activists in a country that are actively looking for human rights violations and b) the amount of violations that actually occur. Also I would imagine what's a human rights violation for some female college freshman in the U.S. might be considered normal elsewhere. So...... uh well I can't come up with a catchy conclusion... (it's late)... I agree they're evil but thats one poorly written paper..... and on page 3 they even ask to include them in one's will and estate planning :roll: .... pretty shabby considering that poor moldovan probably won't see a cent of the money.

Last edited:
Moldova is the former soviet republic that no one ever talks or cares about. I once in a while forget about it since nothing ever comes out of there except the occasional poorly written 'academic' text.

phoenix80 said:
Thanks for the weekend joke, dude!
Meh it was meant as a serious post for a change, but no harm done making you laff.

I've not actually read ai's report but it should definitely include reported/confirmed human rights abuses vs effectivity of data-collection in different countries, regions, towns or any arbitrary division of their choosing.

WarMachine said:
Moldova is the former soviet republic that no one ever talks or cares about. I once in a while forget about it since nothing ever comes out of there except the occasional poorly written 'academic' text.
I've heard it's surpassed Albania as Europe's poorest country, but that was several years ago and may well have changed by now. Also´, some people there sell their kidneys :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back