Just an Innocent Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Other Guy

Spam King
Can we tone down a bit of the right wing propaganda and left-bashing? Seems like everywhere I turn there is a slogan or picture that is a right wing bias. I don't want to post up a whole bunch of "retaliation" pictures, I think that those (and the pictures already here) just lead to confrontation and (eventually) flaming. After all, this is a bipartisan site.

Just speaking my mind at the moment. :peace:

But TOG - it is election time, ain't it? I'm sure everyone understands that don't you think? You're pretty good yourself!;)

We have no chance at all to read all new posts so you need to report all offensive posts and/or signatures you see or else we're not able to do much about it..

But TOG - it is election time, ain't it? I'm sure everyone understands that don't you think? You're pretty good yourself!;)

I think the problem is that a lot of people can determine between a political discussion and blatant electioneering/pushing a cause (aka propaganda) which is what we are seeing on the boards more and more these days.

Most people can quite rationally discuss political topics but there is no way you can discuss electioneering as the very nature of it is to be confrontational ie Party A is the right one and Party B is the wrong one, there in no room for compromise and there is no intention of compromise or ration discourse basically it is referred to on most other boards as baiting and it is generally frowned upon.

Another thing I have noticed is the sharp increase in drive by posts (basically just an initial report usually inflammatory that is never defended after the initial post), it used to be required that you post your opinion when you posted a news issue but that seems to have died a natural death as well.

Last edited:
This is why we have a political section isn't it? We (You, I, Everyone) post political topics there. I'm a Republican but I limit my political posts to the Political Sub-Forum. Anywhere else on this forum I don't talk politics.

Last edited:
Most people can quite rationally discuss political topics but there is no way you can discuss electioneering as the very nature of it is to be confrontational ie Party A is the right one and Party B is the wrong one, there in no room for compromise and there is no intention of compromise or ration discourse basically it is referred to on most other boards as baiting and it is generally frowned upon.
Well, some members here are not very rational and some are certainly not averse to baiting. In fact there have been a lot of one liner posts, and more than a few cartoons that could be seen as little else other than blatant baiting. I presume these are the one's that are the object of this thread.

The only thing that stopped me reporting them as such, is my singular disinterest in both sides of US party politics.

Well, some members here are not very rational and some are certainly not averse to baiting. In fact there have been a lot of one liner posts, and more than a few cartoons that could be seen as little else other than blatant baiting. I presume these are the one's that are the object of this thread.

The only thing that stopped me reporting them as such, is my singular disinterest in both sides of US party politics.

I would agree but it is apparent that letting them go does little more than encourage people to try harder next time.

Forget about it. I'll sweep over until the next campaign in four years time.
Kinda like the Olympics. Except it's like everyone's a loser.

I really look forward to the end of November... :hide:

But until the all of the staff are ready and will go directly to fire for effect every time! :rambo:

I really look forward to the end of November... :hide:

But until the all of the staff are ready and will go directly to fire for effect every time! :rambo:

I have got good news for you, you wont have to wait until the END of November just the beginning. The election is November 2.

I do have agree with what Monty said. There is a difference between DISCUSSING a political or a candidate and using this site for Political Propaganda that offer nothing. The use of Chain letters, derogatory youtube clips most of which are just false, insulting cartoon, or the posting of slogans that are repeated a few 1000x times just in case someone here missed it etc. Remember these forums are for discussion, perhaps it might be prudent to at least weed out or placed elsewhere those posts/threads that really offer nothing to discuss.

Because all it is another form of spamming.

And those people doing so Just remember this: This site tends to run politically right, therefore you are only preaching to the choir. If you are so sure that you are right in your political views then why not prove it and try posting your thoughts on a site whose members will almost certainly disagree with you. Its easy to hide your opinions behind people who agree. But it takes courage and conviction to defy the status quo.

And Finally TOG.

Dont take it to hard. People that are too afraid to actively defend their views with actual thought, usually means the view isnt worth discussing. And no I wouldnt sink to their level.

Last edited:
Then comes the gloating/whining.

Not from all, I am lucky enough not to care who wins as I don't dislike either of them. All I want out of this election is to see the back of the incumbent I guess that is the big advantage of not having to live under either of them.

:)

Last edited:
And I just have a healthy distrust of all of them.

Except perhaps the "Independant member" who we all know must satiisfy the majority of his constituents without the ability to plead rubbish like, "I would love to help you but it goes against our party policy'.

His future is totally dependant on his ability to represent the majority of his constituents. No excuses.

The campaign donors, sponsors, gift spenders, guys who supply the goods... the majority of the voters. I'm sure they have a series of programs to try to determine the TYPICAL voter of their party and fix their policy according to that while satisfying the needs of their financiers.
If the end result is that it benefits us, great. But remember that no politician is a friend.

Gods, i thought elections in Germany were a big thing but they are NOTHING compared to the "show" and "battle" Americans are up to... just try to chill guys ;), whoever wins- you will remain a democratic state ^^

Gods, i thought elections in Germany were a big thing but they are NOTHING compared to the "show" and "battle" Americans are up to... just try to chill guys ;), whoever wins- you will remain a democratic state ^^

I am not so sure about that, you Germans know firsthand what happens if your country is hijacked by extremists. The first thing to go is democracy.

Last edited:
Norwegians "discovered" America first, WE should be kings there now.. :viking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back