Just got my S&W M&P .45 pistol (New Gun) - Page 2

--

August 5th, 2007  
03USMC

As this is going to probably be a transition weapon for the purposes I'm looking at it. Primary will be an MP-5 or M-4 . I'd like your opinion on how well it would draw from a drop leg or vest holster during a transition. You know drag with sights, bad grip ergonomics, wieght etc.

Need info to get my capt. to approve a request for our vendor. Ya know how suits are.
August 8th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Well, the sights are Novaks. Well made for repeated holster draw. It's a little front heavy but that's only when you have a empty magazine. The front of the slide is contoured to allow to be easily reinserted into a holster.

I'm not a fan of vest holsters so I will not give you any opinions.

As for a drop leg, I don't see any issue with it. I don't have a rig for it yet. But there are companies making duty rig holsters for it. The civilian CCW side of the market is playing catch up.

The grip is very well in my opinion also. Take a little to get used to if you're a big GLOCK shooter. But if you handle traditional semi-autos like a Beretta 92FS then I don't see an issue. I'm just used to a big square in my hands with finger grooves. The M&P45 is a nice contoured rounded grip without any finger grooves. But that can all be changed with a slip on rubber grip.
October 19th, 2007  
03USMC

Just to let you know. We tested a .45 & .40 M&P last week. The .45 has been selected and blessed. It will be an officer purschase item but it'll be kicked back on taxes.

Nice piece me likes.
--
October 20th, 2007  
major liability

How is the trigger pull? One of my friends shot one and said he loved it except for the pull.
October 21st, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Just to let you know. We tested a .45 & .40 M&P last week. The .45 has been selected and blessed. It will be an officer purschase item but it'll be kicked back on taxes.

Nice piece me likes.
Welcome tot he world of the M&P.... I love it. I still carry my GLOCK 22 on Duty but if I could I would also carry my M&P .45 in a heart beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
How is the trigger pull? One of my friends shot one and said he loved it except for the pull.

If it was a new pistol it needs to be teethed in. Most new firearms have a breaking in period. Usually a couple hundred rounds. They have factory oils with are a little thicker to protect the firearm during shipment and storage. They might have some metal shavings in the action and also the parts might have burrs and edges that will be smoothed out by the action being worked over through use.