Do you wear glasses?

• Yes, for both far away and up close.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, for far away.

• Yes, for close up.

• Total voters
Yippee! I needed them for seeing far away (like in class). I had the 2nd to least prescription that you can have, but I was complaining, so my mother finally took me to get some glasses! They're Fendi, so they were like $550, but worth every cent! Who else here has glasses? If you do, what are they like? And how old were you when you got them? I'm so young, so I don't want to need like coke-bottle lenses when I'm 30! YIKES!

I have asthma too! :D I actually like it because it gets me out of gym class. :lol:

Sorry, no pictures as of yet, but I'll try to take one tomorrow!

you spent $550 dollars on glasses!??!?!?!?! :shock: my current pair i spent about $75 and that was even getting more than I'm willing to pay.... :lol:

You spent $550 dollars on glasses!??!?!?!?!
Would you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge? I can get you a good deal on it.

I wear glasses...of course i have had mine since the eighth grade so they are a little scratched. I like glasses though...I like them better than contacts anyway. I have to spend like 20 minutes on each eye for contacts...I personally wouldnt have spent 550 on glasses but you know...Different strokes for different folks i guess..

550 on glasses? sheeit

surely if you plan on going into the mil then you would want to have a decent level of fitness, so skipping PE, that a good idea?
swim, it helps with asthma cuz it increase the lung capacity. least, most of my friends with asthma had thier doc tell them to take it up

:cen: shite
i just realised that was USD
thats like 700+ Aussie dollars
damn, you got any money to spare, *cough* there is a PM in your inbox titled "donations wanted to the "send locke on round world holiday" charitable organisation" anything is greatly appreciated :lol:

Locke said:
:cen: shite i just realised that was USD thats like 700+ Aussie dollars damn, you got any money to spare, *cough* there is a PM in your inbox titled "donations wanted to the "send locke on round world holiday" charitable organisation" anything is greatly appreciated :lol:

Do you accept MilBucks? 8)

Had my first pair of glasses in 1994 - at the age of 17. The fashion was a bit different then than now, remember these had a scattered colour pattern on the frame and was quite large :lol:

Haven't used them for 9 years or so - I better do something about it.

Hmm, looks like I started the youngest right now. I've had glasses since 3rd grade [I was about eight]. My parents and teachers became concerned I used to go right up to the blackboard to read because I couldn't see - and I was sitting up at the front!

Anyways, I have myopia [short-sightedness].

Don't worry about myopia worsening...myopia tends to worsen the most when you are growing up. I know my myopia worsened dramatically as a child. Once I hit puberty, it has stabled.

I'm up for another eye-test on Tuesday. I'm currently about -4.2 or -4.25, which is moderately myopic. My right eye is more myopic than my left. I'll know the exact figures in a few days ;)

Another interesting tidbit - myopia tends to improve as you age. Although the irony is you end up being farsighted :lol:

I think my myopia is hereditary, so no amount of carrots would have helped!

FutureHMSGrad said:
Yippee! I needed them for seeing far away (like in class). I had the 2nd to least prescription that you can have, but I was complaining, so my mother finally took me to get some glasses! They're Fendi, so they were like $550, but worth every cent! Who else here has glasses? If you do, what are they like? And how old were you when you got them? I'm so young, so I don't want to need like coke-bottle lenses when I'm 30! YIKES!

If you have good eyesight with just a hint of bad eyesight you should not get glasses, well its up to the person but keep in mind that glasses will worsen your eyesight. And never use your glasses close up unless they are made for it, if you do the degration of your eyesight will be increased faster.

I have glasses and have had them since i was 12, couldn't see what it said on the blackboard so i was glad that i got glasses, but i have been considering an operation now, just dont have the money.

Team Infidel said:
you know, it is those expensive glasses that always break or get lost. It is the $5 that will last forever.

Well, part of the reason they were so expensive was because of the designer brand (Fendi!!!) and how it was made way over in Italy. So I get stuck with the import tax and everything. :? Then, I got the non-reflective ones (or whatever it is), so that there's no glare. The last little add-on was that they were poly, as opposed to regular plastic, so that means half the weight! They were really fantastic glasses, but I am going to bring them back because I'm gonna tell the guy that he made my prescription too strong! It's true too! They work for I'd say 200-300 feet away, but everything before that looks like I'm in a fishbowl, which I think means it's too strong. I'm going to tell my optometrist to knock the prescription down a notch (I have a -.50, so I'll tell him to make it -.25, and I can't go any lower because it goes in increments of .25, and .0 is the lowest). :(

Since my beloved Fendi glasses are going back, I'm going to opt for the Prada or Gucci (they're a little bit more expensive though...), but they're so adorable that I just can't pass them up!

My mother was shopping for glasses at the same time, but she had a bit of a problem. Her face is much longer than mine, and mine is the 'oval' shape (or whatever they call it), so I can pull off the bigger glasses, and she could only get tiny ones. It was so cute to see her getting frustrated when nothing she tried on looked okay! LOL We were all laughing because she was really getting angry, saying things like, "WHY doesn't anything look good on me? Can't I just wear it anyway? I like the brand, but I don't like the GLASSES!". :lol:

Everyone has been asking me for a picture, so what I'll do is take a picture of the Fendi ones (that I have now), and then with the Prada/Gucci ones (that I will be getting), and you can tell me which ones you like better!

Here's a picture of the glasses that I just took!!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/HarvardMSGrad/Fendi.jpg

Well...? What did you think of those glasses??? And I think that I did a pretty good job of taking the picture to be honest! It looks like it's from a magazine! LOL

Uh, I thought the picture was going to be you wearing them. What have you got to lose? Look in the mirror darlin' you're pretty even if they were "Clark Kent" hornrims. I need trifocals for close, computer, and driving. Bummer, I'm always shifting my head up and down to focus. :shock:

Back