JUst got back last friday from usmc boot

migidarra

Hey guys, its been three monthes since I last posted on this website. I was at Parris Island, South Carolina. That is the United States Marine Corps boot camp for the eastern states. I am from Alabama.
My time is limited at the moment, so post a response or a question to this post and I will try and reply. I only have a few more days left on leave and I want to help out anyone trying to join the military. Don't make a new post just reply to this one or send me an email at Migidarra(this is here so search engines won't pick it up somehow)@gmail.com.

Semper Fi
Pvt McMaster
6300/6400

Migidarra you boot!!

Welcome to the Corps warrior!! I am glad to see you have made it through bootcamp. I went to Parris Island myself (gotta love Sand Fleas).

A boot! Somebody get out a box of grid squares!

Congrats to ya, "Marine!" (How's that feel?)

Marinerhodes said:
Grid squares?

When you go on field exercises make sure to check the chem lights for batteries.
And make sure you have at least 100 feet of flight line packed.

Yeah...it does feel good to be called a Marine...damn good
To anyone who isn't in the Marine Corps.. You are missing out on the best brotherhood. I don't know what half the things you guys are saying :D

Congrats Marine.

If you aren't catching the lingo you should hurry your 4th point down to see your commander and let him know you're running short on G2.
:)

When you get to MCT make sure to ask the Sgt where the nearest PRC-E5 is (pronounced: prik e five).

It is a useful bit of information to keep in your head for late at night when you need to make a head call and you do not want to walk all the way to the heads.

migidarra said:
To anyone who isn't in the Marine Corps.. You are missing out on the best brotherhood. I don't know what half the things you guys are saying :D

Naw, it exists elsewhere too, but it's good you've got your esprit de corps in full throttle. :D

Migidarrga, congratulations from a foreign Marine.
Being a Marine is not only an American brotherhood, but an international one. As you go along you will pick up the ugly sides too, but don't let it get to you too much because I think people around me forget too easily the great things about being a Marine.
Tell me what it was like. I think I'll join USMC once my RoKMC tour is over. I've already sent letters and stuff trying to see if I can almost do everything short of apply in advance.

the_13th_redneck said:
Migidarrga, congratulations from a foreign Marine.
Being a Marine is not only an American brotherhood, but an international one. As you go along you will pick up the ugly sides too, but don't let it get to you too much because I think people around me forget too easily the great things about being a Marine.
Tell me what it was like. I think I'll join USMC once my RoKMC tour is over. I've already sent letters and stuff trying to see if I can almost do everything short of apply in advance.

All you gotta to do is become a legal resident. Of course, that can get complicated, but check out work visas (H1B) and student visas. Anything to get you into the country and help you get started with the paper work. Make sure you're saving money, it gets expensive. I know a lot of guys that have done it, so it's more than possible. Unfortunately, recruiters won't even mess with you unless you're already a legal resident. If you're looking at doing it soon, lemme know, I know a couple of really good immigration lawyers, one especially. He can be expensive (a few thousand USD), but he's one of the best in the country and can get you in in the shortest amount of time possible.

When you're PMCS'ing your deuce and a half, make sure you have plenty of headlight fluid. I have seen someone actually fall for that one :).

keep your head up high Marine, dont let those 4yr "salties" who went on 1 deployment and are bitching everyday that they hate it get you down, its a damn good thing and dont let anyone tell you different. i see your a 6400 so your swinging w/ the wing which is your first good move :) god i love the wing. keep your head up high and if you got any questions just throw them down, my email is kremergr@11meu.usmc.mil feel free to drop me a line at any time...Hooorah and Semper Fi,

Yeah and when you get back , go and see your supply sarge for a long stand and make sure you stir that pot of boiling water so it does'nt stick to the sides...you guys!

poacher63 said:
Yeah and when you get back , go and see your supply sarge for a long stand and make sure you stir that pot of boiling water so it does'nt stick to the sides...you guys!

Haven't heard that one before. . . :jump:

MilidarUSMC said:
keep your head up high Marine, dont let those 4yr "salties" who went on 1 deployment and are bitching everyday that they hate it get you down, its a damn good thing and dont let anyone tell you different. i see your a 6400 so your swinging w/ the wing which is your first good move :) god i love the wing. keep your head up high and if you got any questions just throw them down, my email is kremergr@11meu.usmc.mil feel free to drop me a line at any time...Hooorah and Semper Fi,

Ya know, I drove by the Air Wingers yesterday(0311 myself oorah :p ), and those punks' chow hall has OUTDOOR SEATING! I wanted to try eating there as it looked extremely nice but I don't think grunts are allowed in there. :cry:
They also have McDonald's, Taco Bell, a dance club, and subway(That I saw from the road). What do we have in bum**** San Mateo? A SUBWAY THAT ISN'T OPEN HALF THE TIME!

But yeah, enough complaining. Congratulations on getting through boot camp. If you ever have to trip out a Humvee, don't forget to grab the right set of keys. And if your M16 ever gets messed up, ask the armorer for a firing pin sharpener. :drink:

Back