Just got another one... well sort of... read - Page 2

--

January 2nd, 2009  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
The sights on the galil are simply horrid. on the other side, as a self defence weapon it comes with standart 35 round mags, never breaks, never stops, and folds up so short you can put it under your coat or in a bag.
My LM4 (SA copy of the Galil) is also very heavy, too heavy for the calibre, but its still a briliant rifle, very reliable. I have a number of 35 round magazines in steel and plastic, plus quite a few 50 round steel magazines, I obtained a spare top cover and mounted a Zeiss 4x32 scope.

My rifle did have a rubber firing pin spring, I threw it out an fitted a more reliable coil spring. A number of LM4's have had slam fires when the original rubber spring hardened over time.
January 3rd, 2009  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
this is my dream weapon for a tanker. usefull for self defence as well:
Ohhh.... Nothing says PDW like a Galil MAR
January 3rd, 2009  
SHERMAN

they come in 7.62 short as well
--
January 3rd, 2009  
5.56X45mm

I just got the rear trunnion stripped. That was a pain in the arse.... Now I have to remove the receiver stub from the front trunnion. Oh joy.... I forgot how much of a pain in the arse working on AKs can be. Damn commie rifles.

Oh well... once it's done I can pretty much take my time with this. Just need to order my receiver from Nodak Spud. It's going to cost me $110.
January 3rd, 2009  
SHERMAN

they were not meant to be worked on. they were made to be built and used untill the end of time.
January 3rd, 2009  
Fox

I forgot to count how many weapons have you got now, 5.56.

Sherman, I thought AK-74SU sounds pretty good for defense, I guess. It look deadly sexy.
January 3rd, 2009  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Sherman, I thought AK-74SU sounds pretty good for defense
Galil MAR is basically similar to the AK-74SU.
January 7th, 2009  
Torkku

Finnish RK95 (7.62X39) is my weapon of choice; easy to use, accurate, reliable (stuck it in oil and sand and still works lika a charm)...