Just got another one... well sort of... read

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I just picked up a Yugo/Serbian M90 AK Parts Kit. It's either chambered in 5.45x39mm or 5.56x45mm. I believe it's in the American Caliber. Which if it is.... SWEET! That means it won't be like my AK-74/101 clone. Planning on building it into a nice little truck gun. It comes with everything but the receiver. These part kits are getting hard to find ever since the barrel importation ban. Which has driven the price of AKs and the AK Parts Kits up.

The two pics aren't of mint but it's the same.

100_0491.jpg

100_0493.jpg

It came with one factory magazine and four mystery magazines. I believe they go to an Israeli 5.56x45mm Galil. If they're Galil magazine I'll just trade the out with someone on AR15.com for the proper magazines.

I plan on only having maybe five to ten magazine for this rifle. It's not going to be my go to rifle. Just a another piece for the collection. Also with the underfoler stock it would make a nice small compact truck gun. I just need someone to help me build it... lucky someone in my PD knows how too... WooHoo!

Man this is starting to get unhealthy.
I'd rather have a select few firearms and tons and tons of ammunition.

Man this is starting to get unhealthy.
I'd rather have a select few firearms and tons and tons of ammunition.

The elections... trying to get what I want now before I can't. This already happened twice. First with the 1986 Machine Gun Ban and then with the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban. Lucky the AWB was repealed in 2003. But the MGB is still in effect. No new Machine Guns after May of '86 can be made and sold to civilians. Only the legally owned civilian machine guns were made before May of '86. So what once went for $1,300 is now going for $130,000.

Damn.... and what about ammunition? They're bound to put a ban on those.

Hence why I'm also buying ammunition like it's going out of style. They might not be able to flat out ban it but they are planing on raising the taxes on it to something like a 500% increase so ammo become unaffordable for the common citizen.

Galil mags are cute. dont you have a galil 5.56?

Nope, never saw the need to own one. Good rifles mind you but real Israeli Galils are hard to come buy here in the USA and the ones currently being sold are made by Century Arms. Century Arms is known for two things. Cheap Surplus Mosin Nagants and crappy semi-auto rifles that don't work and blow up.

The sights on the galil are simply horrid. on the other side, as a self defence weapon it comes with standart 35 round mags, never breaks, never stops, and folds up so short you can put it under your coat or in a bag.

The sights on the galil are simply horrid. on the other side, as a self defence weapon it comes with standart 35 round mags, never breaks, never stops, and folds up so short you can put it under your coat or in a bag.

That's what always gotten my respect about the Galil... I know that Yisrael Galili & Yaacov Lior developed the rifle during the 1960s after Israel's last trail by fire with the FN FAL and that the FAL failed due to the environment. Hell, because of that Israeli K98k Mausers were brought back into service as a stop gap during hostilities.

The Galil in of itself is derived of the Finnish RK-62 which is itself a vastly improved copy of the Soviet AK-47. The Galil was first produced in 7.62x51mm NATO and then in the 5.56x45mm since we (USA) were giving Israel a ton of M16A1s. So it would make sense to have a rifle in the same caliber as the M16A1s.

I've shot real ones. Good rifles, quality and relable. The sights aren't great but they're a hell of a lot better then the standard AK sights.

I wouldn't mind owning a Galil in 5.56x45mm. But they're heavy, expensive, and magazines are hard to find and over priced.

This Yugo AK on the other hand is small, lighter in weight, compact, and mags are kinda expensive. But not as bad as Galil mags were for a while.

Also the Yugo AK is really nifty for a ComBloc AK. Tritum Night Sights, Adjustable Gas Ring, quality machineing and bore, good strong underfolder stock (not like the other ones), and best of all this rifle was never fired or issued. It was built in 1997, test fired at the factory, put into storage, cut in half, and sent over to the USA as a parts kit. That's it.... It's a brand new off the shelf Yugoslavian M90A AK Series Rifle. Also it's only going to cost me about $400 total.

So I'm going to have a really nice quality rifle that almost on par with a Galil and it's going to cost me half of what he Galil does.

My LM4 (SA copy of the Galil) is also very heavy, too heavy for the calibre, but its still a briliant rifle, very reliable. I have a number of 35 round magazines in steel and plastic, plus quite a few 50 round steel magazines, I obtained a spare top cover and mounted a Zeiss 4x32 scope.

My rifle did have a rubber firing pin spring, I threw it out an fitted a more reliable coil spring. A number of LM4's have had slam fires when the original rubber spring hardened over time.

I just got the rear trunnion stripped. That was a pain in the arse.... Now I have to remove the receiver stub from the front trunnion. Oh joy.... I forgot how much of a pain in the arse working on AKs can be. Damn commie rifles.

Oh well... once it's done I can pretty much take my time with this. Just need to order my receiver from Nodak Spud. It's going to cost me $110.

I forgot to count how many weapons have you got now, 5.56. :lol:

Sherman, I thought AK-74SU sounds pretty good for defense, I guess. It look deadly sexy.

Finnish RK95 (7.62X39) is my weapon of choice; easy to use, accurate, reliable (stuck it in oil and sand and still works lika a charm)...

valmet_95_762.jpg

Back