I just found my next Christmas present !

Only thing HK needs to make now is a flying assault rifle

Should ask santa to get you one next Christmas :santam16:

There are a lot of American-made gas piston ARs out there, both cheaper and more expensive than the HK depending on what you're looking for. There are even upgrade kits to retrofit your existing AR-15 with a gas piston system, if you already have one.

I already have an AR-15 with the gas piston system, but it isn't nearly as dependable in mud, snow, or sand as the HK looks to be on Weponology. I saw it there first then goggled it

A T-90? Yea right, lets just piss off the people who MAKE the guns. Then stick around to see what teh pull out of teh closet, gotta pass man I'd rather live long enough to actually enjoy owning one.

A T-90? Yea right, lets just piss off the people who MAKE the guns. Then stick around to see what teh pull out of teh closet, gotta pass man I'd rather live long enough to actually enjoy owning one.

Oh dont be such a killjoy :drunkb:

Alright, how about someone dresses up as James Bond and raids HK?

Or just get a A-10 thunderbolt strike, they wont see it coming :visor:

Not trying to be a killjoy, just not too intrigued about being shot anymore.
But since you find a way to steel a weapon from HK, here ya go, the perfect plan

A 1943 P47 Thunderbolt, fully loaded with bombs, drop them all from 5k onto the plant, then send the ME-190G6 with wing pods to kill any survivors, next we invade via the ground, using AK-47's for close combat support, and we take what we want. BUT on the P47 we have to use smart bombs, that way we don't destroy and good stuff in the HK plant :)

I've played with the H&K 416...... we have them at the PD for our SWAT.

Waste of time and money.

It's nothing but a gas piston AR system with a H&K stamp on it....

Hell... for a period of time a number of Class III Dealers and Class II Manufacturers were importing H&K 416s, scrapping the lowers and selling the uppers on the civilian market. H&K got in a hissy fit and threatened many of the sellers legal action....

Nothing that was done my the sellers was illegal. The upper isn't a firearm and once it's added to a standard AR lower you have a regular SBR. Just pay the NFA $200 tax stamp and you have a real H&K 416 SBR.

The upper were going for $4,000-$6,000.

The entire H&K 416 design is nothing new, the materials are nothing great, and the machining and tooling is nothing to brag about.

If you want a well built, American Made dedicated Gas Piston SBR... look that these fine folks.

Primary Weapon Systems

Diablo_L_3.jpg

Diablo_L_1.jpg

Diablo_L_4.jpg

The Diablo Upper is Primary Weapons Systems’ answer to the 7” AR-15/M-16 series upper. Rather than simply bolting on an existing product and calling it revolutionary, PWS stepped back and designed a system from the ground up to work specifically with the extreme pressures of the 7” barrels.

We started with the barrel and after careful research decided on a 7” (not 7.5”) stainless steel polygonal bore barrel with a 1:8 twist. A match bolt carrier assembly is housed inside of a MUR-1 (mil-spec) upper receiver with a billet machined charging handle. Low profile quad rails give the most possible room for accessories and XTM rail covers from Magpul are included for when the picatinny rails are not in use.

The Diablo upper utilizes a long stroke piston system for additional dwell time and smooth recoil. The system is rounded out with the new CQB comp from PWS - a comp designed for short barrels that compensates, suppresses flash and directs all the blast forward.

System Features

• Lother Walther Polygonal Bore 1:8 Twist SS Barrel and Bolt
  • Billet Machined Charging Handle
  • VLTOR MUR-1 Upper Receiver
  • Y/M National Match Carrier
  • IonBond Coated Internals
  • Magpul XTM Rail Panels
  • PWS CQB Comp
Simply put, the Diablo upper was designed for those in harm,s way. We built it with quality in mind, instead of price. If your operational requirements call for a small package with a lot of punch, choose the Diablo, by PWS.
PWS Video

Total Price for their platform.... $1,650.00

I personally played with their platform for four days at the SHOT Show..... it is so far the best SBR Piston AR I have ever handled.... the design is simple of genius at the same time. The main issue with all Gas Piston designs for the AR-15 is that the Gas Piston hits the Gas Key on the Bolt Carrier. A part which from it's design was not meant to be put up to those types of high stresses.

PWS simply took the AK Bolt Carrier idea and made the Bolt Carrier and Piston one piece. No longer is it three seperate parts that are put under high stree. It's one solid piece of steel.

Also their flash hider is amazing.... it's designed to allow the over pressure of the 5.56x45mm gas to simply bleed off in a side chamber within the Flash Hider. This might seem like nothing because it simply prevents a large flash but when you attach a suppressor to the mix... you can literly have the suppressor explode in fron of you because of over pressure.

So in the end, they built an extremely compact, well made, and very accurate SBR Carbine that will cost me under $2,000.... Not bad.....

I will be converting my Colt AR-15A3 into a PWS Diablo within the next year or so....

Ever handled a Patriot Ordnance AR? They look amazing on paper but I don't know anyone around with one and haven't seen any at the ranges.

Back