Just a few questions

Makist

Currently im 16 so i mean i cant even contact a recruiter :cen: buuut the Marines is deffinatly somthing im going to do i ws jut wondering some stuff,

1. i ws tihnking of doing reserves first then full time if i really liked it but i was wondering is bootcamp and everything treated the same as if i would be a full time marine?

2. if i become full time can my girl move on base with me deffinatly or is it a maby?

3. i'm in NJROTC but its navy will that still be of any help later or no?

4. to me its all about the challenge and to prove myself to myself really how much would you so you change after bootcamp whats good and whats bad?

well thats all i an think of now and thx in advance

NJROTC will enable you to enter the military at an advanced paygrade Mod Edit: If you aren't 100% sure, do not answer.

Makist said:
Currently im 16 so i mean i cant even contact a recruiter :cen: buuut the Marines is deffinatly somthing im going to do i ws jut wondering some stuff,

1. i ws tihnking of doing reserves first then full time if i really liked it but i was wondering is bootcamp and everything treated the same as if i would be a full time marine?

2. if i become full time can my girl move on base with me deffinatly or is it a maby?

3. i'm in NJROTC but its navy will that still be of any help later or no?

4. to me its all about the challenge and to prove myself to myself really how much would you so you change after bootcamp whats good and whats bad?

well thats all i an think of now and thx in advance

1. Yes, boot camp is the same no matter if you're a reservist or an active duty Marine. Schools are the same as well.

2. It depends. For one thing, if you're not married, you'll have to get approval from your Chain of Command to allow you to live in Housing(either on base or off). So, no if you're staying in the Barracks, she can't, but you can try to get approval to live in Housing.

3. I'm not sure about this so you'll have to talk to a recruiter about it.

4. I changed mainly in the way I carry myself. I have a lot of pride in myself as a marine as do most of us(there are the 10%). I know my attitude changed and I learned that to appreciate more. It really depends on who you are and how you take Basic Training as a person

Senses Failed said:
1. Yes, boot camp is the same no matter if you're a reservist or an active duty Marine. Schools are the same as well.

I think he was asking if he would be treated the same way in active duty as he was in bootcamp.

Blackbird said:
I think he was asking if he would be treated the same way in active duty as he was in bootcamp.

Oh, if that was the case the answer would be no. If I'm understanding correctly this time.

Back