Just dropped in...

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
Howdy everyone!

I'm Andy, and currently a 1LT/O2 in the New York Guard, the state militia/defense force for New York. I serve as a medical service corps officer (and since we're a bit unorganized, not really sure if I'm a 67A or a 70A) in the 244th Medical Clinic based at Camp Smith in Peekskill, NY. I'm a hospital administrator in NYC in my civilian life.

No active-duty prior service, much to my chagrin (I was in Navy ROTC in college, but owing to a higher authority -- *cough* hi Mom! -- I disenrolled before incurring the commitment), but am actively looking to jump over to the US Army Reserve.

Looking forward to meeting all of you on here.

Thanks for the welcomes, guys! :cheers: (And gals? I didn't think I saw any...)

Looking forward to learning and contributing...and maybe having some fun. :horsie:

Enjoy the forums Andy. It's good to have someone else from the old home town with us.

Wow...great to see this site is still around. Came back to look for an old post that I made eons ago and was pleasantly surprised that it's still here.

System says the last time I logged on was 21AUG2012...yes, more than 11 years ago.

Lots has happened...resigned my civilian job and my New York Guard commission in Sept. 2005; commissioned into full-time active duty with the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps as a LT/O-3, working for the agency that does public health/medical services for FEMA during disasters. Suffice it to say that I've been deployed a time or 40. Even went over to Liberia during the Ebola outbreak in 2015. Made it all the way to CAPT/O-6 almost 6 years ago now. Closing in on my 20 years of service and pondering what to do next.

Hope you've all been well.

Wow...great to see this site is still around. Came back to look for an old post that I made eons ago and was pleasantly surprised that it's still here.

System says the last time I logged on was 21AUG2012...yes, more than 11 years ago.

Lots has happened...resigned my civilian job and my New York Guard commission in Sept. 2005; commissioned into full-time active duty with the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps as a LT/O-3, working for the agency that does public health/medical services for FEMA during disasters. Suffice it to say that I've been deployed a time or 40. Even went over to Liberia during the Ebola outbreak in 2015. Made it all the way to CAPT/O-6 almost 6 years ago now. Closing in on my 20 years of service and pondering what to do next.

Hope you've all been well.

Welcome back, still a few around who don't let go of old technology easily.
:)

Welcome back, great to see you in here again! Thanks for the update :smile:
The forum is still alive, but it's a tiny bit more quiet than back in the (good old) days...

Back