Just curious

--
Just curious

July 15th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

Topic: Just curious

Just curious
why in the US we can go in the Armed forces and fight for the country, but we can't have a beer in a resturat
July 15th, 2005  
Bory

One of those oddities of life really.

Like in Australia, I can (and at the end of the year will) join the Army at 17, learn to fight for my country
But I cannot touch a drop of alcohol or vote, for another 12 months.
July 15th, 2005  
Italian Guy

This IS weirdness. We have no drinking age.
--
Just curious
July 15th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

you can drink at 18 in parts of Texas and duty stations overseas.

As far as I see it, underaged people drink more than those of age in the military. Since I was an 18 year old private, I definately hold true to the saying above.

The old rule of thumb is "don't get caught."
July 16th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Quote:
This IS weirdness. We have no drinking age.
why am i not surprised?
July 16th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

I was just wondering aren't the drinking laws state laws? If they are doesn't that mean they don't apply to on base? Anyways, I just think it is dumb you go risk your life fighting and you can have a drink before you go and after you are done. I just find this insulting
July 17th, 2005  
Missileer

We always just drank beer on post except for "hot battery" during the Cuban crisis. Man was I glad to see that end.
July 17th, 2005  
ACTaFOOL82

I live in the Republic of Texas, and there is no place were you can legally drink at 18. I think that place is called Mexico.
July 17th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Yeah but what if you're from NY?
July 17th, 2005  
Shadowalker

Its weird, in UK you can drive from 17+ yet you cant drink until your 18+, surely driving is more dangerous than drinking? Not that im complaining, lol, i can do both! Here you can have a drink from 14+ as long as your eating a meal