Just been shot!

sven hassell

This shows how weak and scared of racial slur the Uk police are.
A couple of hours ago I was driving my work van (sign written as master locksmith and vault engineer) as I drove through the clear rural countryside a spade flew over the hedge into the road in front of me.
I slowed and as I did so a blast of a 12g blew my windscreen. I hit the accelerator and a second report blew my side window peppering my face with birdshot.I hit the accelerator Hard!
Apparently I was nearby to a Gypsy camp.I contacted the Police who spent 1 hour to send an armed response team. They informed me this was a REGULAR OCCURANCE and that vans advertising expensive contents were often hijacked in this way, they had even opened fire on a Police Patrol recently.
There is nothing they can do if they raid the camp then they would be accused of racial predudice..
What a toothless animal the UK police is.
12 hrs previous I would have been carring my Benneli 12g super sport and the sawn of firer would be dead,This is good thIng that i wasnt as under UK law I wouldnt of had self defence as a reason and a lifetime in jail (gypsy inmates number 60+ % round here.) would await me.

I think this proves UK gun laws penalise the law abiding only!

I wouldn't blame the PD, they are most likely following orders. It's some liberal type(s) who have say so in what the police do that is to blame.

This shows how weak and scared of racial slur the Uk police are.
A couple of hours ago I was driving my work van (sign written as master locksmith and vault engineer) as I drove through the clear rural countryside a spade flew over the hedge into the road in front of me.
I slowed and as I did so a blast of a 12g blew my windscreen. I hit the accelerator and a second report blew my side window peppering my face with birdshot.I hit the accelerator Hard!
Apparently I was nearby to a Gypsy camp.I contacted the Police who spent 1 hour to send an armed response team. They informed me this was a REGULAR OCCURANCE and that vans advertising expensive contents were often hijacked in this way, they had even opened fire on a Police Patrol recently.
There is nothing they can do if they raid the camp then they would be accused of racial predudice..
12 hrs previous I would have been carring my Benneli 12g super sport and the sawn of firer would be dead,This is good thIng that i wasnt as under UK law I wouldnt of had self defence as a reason and a lifetime in jail (gypsy inmates number 60+ % round here.) would await me.

Holy crap.... glad your safe. That is first and foremost. Sorry that my fellow brothers in blue across the pond couldn't do their job. It's political... sucks that those that took an oath to serve and protect cannot.

I hope that you're okay and that they don't target you again. I can't believe that you can't defend yourself. It seems so strange but what happened to you is a reason why I carry 24/7. Crime can happen everywhere.

Not really it just proves you have a crap police force.

You can't even blame politicians or the dreaded "liberals" for this as a crime had clearly taken place and the laws are in place to deal with it but the police were too ball-less to do their job.

There really are two options here:
1) You have laws and adhere to them by ensuring that the police enforce them to there full extent.

2) You let people take the law into their own hands and then you have two armed groups going at each other and a lot of people are going to suffer and not all of them will be in the wrong.

I am a huge fan of law and order so I know which option I prefer.

wow.

we have similar problems in israel with the beduin communities. the police are scared of them and the laws are against the self defending shooter. only now they are passing better self defence laws.

wow.

we have similar problems in israel with the beduin communities. the police are scared of them and the laws are against the self defending shooter. only now they are passing better self defence laws.

Self-defence laws don't really work in this case as from the way he posted he never saw either of the shots (or shooters) so even with a weapon to defend himself he would have been firing blind.

On top of this its still an after the fact process ie reacting to a problem rather than solving it. What is the better option here:
A) Stopping these people from shooting at you in the first place.
B) Being able to shoot back, after you have been shot at (unless we think being allowed to drive down the road strafing the curb is a good idea)

well, doing the full fast unload and rush assault drill would probably fit the case...ovcourse you need 4 well armed people for that. :p

Take your story to the Press. I'm sure there must be a thousand journalists who would give their eye teeth for a story such as this. This might put more pressure on the commissioner of Police to ensure that something is done.

Taking it to the press is a good idea.
I'm not surprised... hate to sound like a damned racist but Gypsies cause all kinds of trouble to just about everyone. It's only because they can get away with it.

Take your story to the Press. I'm sure there must be a thousand journalists who would give their eye teeth for a story such as this. This might put more pressure on the commissioner of Police to ensure that something is done.

I agree take some photo's of the damage and get the media all wound up, this will work really well if you have an election on the horizon.

Taking it to the press is a good idea.
I'm not surprised... hate to sound like a damned racist but Gypsies cause all kinds of trouble to just about everyone. It's only because they can get away with it.

This is precisely the case, they only do it because they can get away with it. There are laws in place to prevent them doing this and its not racial to arrest people for a crime or remove an actual threat to public safety so its time to get the police off there collective arses and into doing their job.

Last edited:
Our news media are well aware of our gypsy problems. They pay overthe odds to obtain large lumps of agricultural land. Then almost overnight they lay out a svillage and settle it with caravans etc. including tarmac roads. No planning permission whatsoever and then they sit comfortably. The authorities and police fear to go into these encampments it seems, so do not distrurb them. Known criminal large scale activities are safely harboured there, apparently out of reach of retribution, and the spoils disappear into these black holes. The untouchables.

Thank you 5.56, so if I understood that correctly, they are mostly folks from India types? Interesting.

Del Boy, your sig, I love Frank Sinatra too.

Last edited:
Damn - you got me! Well - I guess that's life.:rockin:

BTW - the gypsies we refer to are no longer of Indian derivation, but established groups such as the Roma of Eastern Europe, the Irish have their travellers, and we also have our own travellers. They tend to prefer not to settle in the normal way, and not to pay taxes and rates or seek regular employment. They have become something of a law unto themselves.

So, travelers is a proper term to use when talking of gypsies as well because of the reasons you stated?

I would suggest they are more nomadic than traveler as they have no real abode to return to and in this case it seems they have gone feral.

Holy crap.... glad your safe. That is first and foremost. Sorry that my fellow brothers in blue across the pond couldn't do their job. It's political... sucks that those that took an oath to serve and protect cannot.

I hope that you're okay and that they don't target you again. I can't believe that you can't defend yourself. It seems so strange but what happened to you is a reason why I carry 24/7. Crime can happen everywhere.
Thanks to everyone for their concern,12g birdshot loses alot of velocity when penetrating a windshield.Especially from a sawn-off so even though my head looks like a potato today .
You are exactly right Louis, its political.Because of Hitlers targeting of Gypsies and nomadic people then no-one will take action over them for fear of being labelled Nazis.
If I was allowed to carry and defend myself I probably wouldnt have in that situation as I had an option(driving away like F***) but had the road been blocked I would have needed to as these people are stone cold killers.
I already have one friend who was foolish enough a few years back to go to a gypsy camp to try and buy a lorry(truck) with £3000 cash in his pocket. His body has never been found.
The police have their hands tied somewhat but they are also frightened of these 'people'.The police came round today to take a description of the shooter(I saw him clearly) but unless I have witnessess(of course I dont) then theres nothing they can do.Also I was warned not to take any retribution or the full force of the law would be applied to me!The police ARE scared of them,the officer interviewing me admitted it.They cannot use firearms unless used against them and physically these 'people ' are hard as nails.
Watch Guy Ritchies movie 'Snatch' for an accurate portrayal of their lifestyle
As for the local newspaper they replied that they couldnt comment on the gypsies as there are so many incidents then they would also be accused of running a hate campaign if they printed any more articles.

So there you have It ,if you steal a piece of land from the authorities,build on it with no planning consent and spend your time working paying no taxes,stealing your equipment and running costs (i attend a gypsy robbed diesel tank weekly) and commiting violent crime-not forgetting the UK gypsies run a white slave trade where they kidnap teenage runaways and underage street people then sell them amongst themselves as sex and torture toys.-You are immune from prosecution if you play the gypsy race card!
P.S. Gypsy is maybee inaccurate- Wikipedia 'Pikey'

So you are telling me that because of Hitler people of the Jewish faith, Intellectuals, Homosexuals, Communists and Gypsies can run around Britain doing as they like without fear of arrest and prosecution?

Seriously sounds to me like your police force needs to grow a sack and start doing their job rather than hiding behind dodgy excuses.

Last edited:
Back