Just been shot!

--
Just been shot!

July 8th, 2008  
sven hassell

Topic: Just been shot!

Just been shot!
This shows how weak and scared of racial slur the Uk police are.
A couple of hours ago I was driving my work van (sign written as master locksmith and vault engineer) as I drove through the clear rural countryside a spade flew over the hedge into the road in front of me.
I slowed and as I did so a blast of a 12g blew my windscreen. I hit the accelerator and a second report blew my side window peppering my face with birdshot.I hit the accelerator Hard!
Apparently I was nearby to a Gypsy camp.I contacted the Police who spent 1 hour to send an armed response team. They informed me this was a REGULAR OCCURANCE and that vans advertising expensive contents were often hijacked in this way, they had even opened fire on a Police Patrol recently.
There is nothing they can do if they raid the camp then they would be accused of racial predudice..
What a toothless animal the UK police is.
12 hrs previous I would have been carring my Benneli 12g super sport and the sawn of firer would be dead,This is good thIng that i wasnt as under UK law I wouldnt of had self defence as a reason and a lifetime in jail (gypsy inmates number 60+ % round here.) would await me.

I think this proves UK gun laws penalise the law abiding only!
July 8th, 2008  
AikiRooster

I wouldn't blame the PD, they are most likely following orders. It's some liberal type(s) who have say so in what the police do that is to blame.
July 8th, 2008  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven hassell
This shows how weak and scared of racial slur the Uk police are.
A couple of hours ago I was driving my work van (sign written as master locksmith and vault engineer) as I drove through the clear rural countryside a spade flew over the hedge into the road in front of me.
I slowed and as I did so a blast of a 12g blew my windscreen. I hit the accelerator and a second report blew my side window peppering my face with birdshot.I hit the accelerator Hard!
Apparently I was nearby to a Gypsy camp.I contacted the Police who spent 1 hour to send an armed response team. They informed me this was a REGULAR OCCURANCE and that vans advertising expensive contents were often hijacked in this way, they had even opened fire on a Police Patrol recently.
There is nothing they can do if they raid the camp then they would be accused of racial predudice..
12 hrs previous I would have been carring my Benneli 12g super sport and the sawn of firer would be dead,This is good thIng that i wasnt as under UK law I wouldnt of had self defence as a reason and a lifetime in jail (gypsy inmates number 60+ % round here.) would await me.

Holy crap.... glad your safe. That is first and foremost. Sorry that my fellow brothers in blue across the pond couldn't do their job. It's political... sucks that those that took an oath to serve and protect cannot.

I hope that you're okay and that they don't target you again. I can't believe that you can't defend yourself. It seems so strange but what happened to you is a reason why I carry 24/7. Crime can happen everywhere.
--
Just been shot!
July 8th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven hassell

Not really it just proves you have a crap police force.

You can't even blame politicians or the dreaded "liberals" for this as a crime had clearly taken place and the laws are in place to deal with it but the police were too ball-less to do their job.

There really are two options here:
1) You have laws and adhere to them by ensuring that the police enforce them to there full extent.

2) You let people take the law into their own hands and then you have two armed groups going at each other and a lot of people are going to suffer and not all of them will be in the wrong.

I am a huge fan of law and order so I know which option I prefer.
July 8th, 2008  
SHERMAN

wow.

we have similar problems in israel with the beduin communities. the police are scared of them and the laws are against the self defending shooter. only now they are passing better self defence laws.
July 8th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
wow.

we have similar problems in israel with the beduin communities. the police are scared of them and the laws are against the self defending shooter. only now they are passing better self defence laws.
Self-defence laws don't really work in this case as from the way he posted he never saw either of the shots (or shooters) so even with a weapon to defend himself he would have been firing blind.

On top of this its still an after the fact process ie reacting to a problem rather than solving it. What is the better option here:
A) Stopping these people from shooting at you in the first place.
B) Being able to shoot back, after you have been shot at (unless we think being allowed to drive down the road strafing the curb is a good idea)
July 8th, 2008  
SHERMAN

well, doing the full fast unload and rush assault drill would probably fit the case...ovcourse you need 4 well armed people for that.
July 8th, 2008  
senojekips

Take your story to the Press. I'm sure there must be a thousand journalists who would give their eye teeth for a story such as this. This might put more pressure on the commissioner of Police to ensure that something is done.
July 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Taking it to the press is a good idea.
I'm not surprised... hate to sound like a damned racist but Gypsies cause all kinds of trouble to just about everyone. It's only because they can get away with it.
July 8th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Take your story to the Press. I'm sure there must be a thousand journalists who would give their eye teeth for a story such as this. This might put more pressure on the commissioner of Police to ensure that something is done.

I agree take some photo's of the damage and get the media all wound up, this will work really well if you have an election on the horizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Taking it to the press is a good idea.
I'm not surprised... hate to sound like a damned racist but Gypsies cause all kinds of trouble to just about everyone. It's only because they can get away with it.
This is precisely the case, they only do it because they can get away with it. There are laws in place to prevent them doing this and its not racial to arrest people for a crime or remove an actual threat to public safety so its time to get the police off there collective arses and into doing their job.