Just been shot! - Page 3

--
Just been shot!

July 9th, 2008  
AikiRooster

Just been shot!
Something seems out of whack anyway, no doubt bout it.
July 9th, 2008  
Del Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I would suggest they are more nomadic than traveler as they have no real abode to return to and in this case it seems they have gone feral.

Well there are slight differences in the terms 'gypsy' and travellers in that not all travellers are gypsies, we have from time to time our own political and hippy travellers on the loose.

But the gypsy and traveller culture is generally one of choice.

Also - many of the travellers - the Irish for example - are very rich and have wonderful caravans, large new 4x4 BMWs etc., plenty money, and also permanent residences of similiar little towns of their own in Ireland with fine houses. They can afford to buy large lumps of land here. They have a large community of expert antique dealers, wealthy and powerful who tend to be known as 'The Tinkers'.

Gypsy is not a derogatory term, and neither is Travellers, widely used. The eastern european Roma are more of a problem I understand as far as crime is concerned and we now have them arriving here from Bulgaria and Rumania; male and female, from expert pick-pocketing upwards. We are concerned regarding child snatching and trading, on the international crime fronts.

How about this. 2 fast new 4x4 gas-guzzlers will pullup on a town main road beside a cash machine. The vehicles have winches fitted. They use the winches to rip the cash machines out of the wall like cowboys ripping out the jailhouse bars, and off they jolly well speed. They know how many police cars are available, and have also been known to puncture police vehicles within a few miles first.

Often the police know who they want but dare not touch them. If a private person upsets them, like the guy who shot one inside his raided home and went to prison, was tried in his absence by their own trial court, and sentenced according to their own rules. In his case, they decided that there were certain matters in his favour, and they considered themselves satisfied.
July 9th, 2008  
Insomniac

the police would love to drop on these people like a tonne of bricks. preferably several tonnes. However, the "politically correct" crowd call racism etc every time it happens, so the police face cuts etc.
--
Just been shot!
July 10th, 2008  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
So you are telling me that because of Hitler people of the Jewish faith, Intellectuals, Homosexuals, Communists and Gypsies can run around Britain doing as they like without fear of arrest and prosecution?

Seriously sounds to me like your police force needs to grow a sack and start doing their job rather than hiding behind dodgy excuses.
Seems to me that the citizens need to grow a pair and take back what is rightfully there's. The Police and the Government aren't going to do anything.

Here in America we as a citizenry have said enough is enough with illegal immigrants. Hence we patrol our own borders. The people of the UK should do the same with this Travelers. Fight back..... Society is nothing but a concert jungle. You have predators and prey. What are you?
July 10th, 2008  
AikiRooster

Daaaaaaaaaaaah, if it wasnt fer the USA I wouldn't be an American.
July 10th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
Seems to me that the citizens need to grow a pair and take back what is rightfully there's. The Police and the Government are going to do anything.

Here in America we as a citizenry have said enough is enough with illegal immigrants. Hence we patrol our own borders. The people of the UK should do the same with this Travelers. Fight back..... Society is nothing but a concert jungle. You have predators and prey. What are you?
What a giant load...
As citizens we pay taxes, those taxes pay for a military to defend our shores and keep us "safe" from external threats and we pay for a police force to keep us "safe" from internal threats and we have a responsibility to ensure they are well equipped and motivated to do the job, if as you are saying we need to do both of these tasks then why the hell am I paying to keep a worthless bunch of goldbrickers in coffee, donuts and camo gear?

Heres a thought, how about we get the people that are paid to do the job to actually do it and if they wont do it then its time to put pressure on the people who can make them do it.

You know the funny thing about predators and their prey is that very few of them die of old age and even fewer die pleasantly.
July 10th, 2008  
AikiRooster

I wouldn't necessarily blame the officer's as I previously stated. I would assume more accurately I believe, someone is tying the officer's hands to where they are not allowed to police certain areas aggressively for whatever the reason is.
July 10th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
I wouldn't necessarily blame the officer's as I previously stated. I would assume more accurately I believe, someone is tying the officer's hands to where they are not allowed to police certain areas aggressively for whatever the reason is.
I agree but this is where the role of the people kicks in, it is our role to ensure that they are doing their job not to actually do the job ourselves.

Imagine you contract me to come around and put a new roof on your house and I show up a couple of weeks later and then decide well I cant do the job because the neighbours wont like the noise or the new colour but by all means do it yourself and here's my bill are you going to pay?

This is why Spikes comments about getting the media involved and stirring up local groups is the right answer.
July 10th, 2008  
AikiRooster

At the very least, I would suggest it's part of the right answer.

If the cops are told they can't do whatever, the whatever is not gonna get done, otherwise they get fired or charged criminally. I would assume that it is a political problem. Good cops love to work. I do not believe the whole the dept is made up of a bunch of screw balls wearing thongs, shirts and holsters.
July 10th, 2008  
A Can of Man

The best thing people can do is demand the government get rid of these lot. If the people won't do that, then either there is a lack of support in this idea of getting rid of Gypsies or the populace hasn't got the motivation or discipline to do it, in which case, you just live with the problem.