Is it just all bluff? - Page 2




 
--
Is it just all bluff?
 
July 13th, 2008  
AikiRooster
 
 
Is it just all bluff?
Why couldn't we have drilled here and drilled now as well much sooner and at least get started now. Alternative energy too of course, but also we should not be relying on terrorists to get our oil supply.

China as well as Russia would probably help Iran which they probably already are and have been, that's probably one of the reasons Iran is showing and has been showing major cahona's and hostility since 1979.

I do think Israel could handle Iran by itself if they were to unleash all of it's military might without worries of civilian casualties.

Let's also not forget Hugo Chavez. If something was to go down, we would have to keep an eye on his silly self as well. Although, I think he would be similar to Noriega from Panama in 89 (I think it was, maybe 90). He might try something shady even more so than he already has if Iran is attacked.
July 13th, 2008  
The Other Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
C, You can now turn your food into fuel thus driving up the price of food and oil but at least you can drive around looking for something to eat.

But back to this Israel/Iran thing, the problem for the US is that even if it doesn't offer direct support to Israel they still have to fly through multiple countries that are hostile to Israel and at least one that has substantial military ties to the USA (Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia) and all of these countries are not going to be pleased at having to turn a blind eye to this.
or D: potable gasoline...

True. These neighbors will win no brownie points with Iran by turning a blind eye to someone flying through to attack...

of course if they don't turn a blind eye and attack then Israel will be more than happy to blast them out of the sky.
July 13th, 2008  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
Why couldn't we have drilled here and drilled now as well much sooner and at least get started now. Alternative energy too of course, but also we should not be relying on terrorists to get our oil supply.

China as well as Russia would probably help Iran which they probably already are and have been, that's probably one of the reasons Iran is showing and has been showing major cahona's and hostility since 1979.

I do think Israel could handle Iran by itself if they were to unleash all of it's military might without worries of civilian casualties.
I agree that Iran will be backed by Russia and China but other than the obligatory hand out of weaponry they want tests and a few "advisers" I doubt it will amount to much.

As far as Israel handling Iran, neither can succeed as neither has the capacity to touch the other except by air and given the 1200 odd mile round trip for Israeli pilots all of which is over hostile territory or water I would strongly suggest that they only have limited offensive capacity outside missile strikes or unconventional means.
--
Is it just all bluff?
July 13th, 2008  
Insomniac
 
 
if you chose B, congrats! you're everyone except japan!
July 13th, 2008  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
or D: potable gasoline...

True. These neighbors will win no brownie points with Iran by turning a blind eye to someone flying through to attack...

of course if they don't turn a blind eye and attack then Israel will be more than happy to blast them out of the sky.

All true but if they are detected in Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia or any one of the countries they will have to pass over to get to Iran the mission is basically screwed, hell the flight back after the mission wouldn't be a fun one either.

The other thing that has been overlooked is the location and number of suspected nuclear sites in Iran, the last estimate I saw was 14 individual sites spread throughout the country, in order to neutralise them all (or at least a significant number) a sizable attack would have to be launched.
July 13th, 2008  
AikiRooster
 
 
Additionally, any short round over hostile territory that is at the moment out of the fight and not the target, will take out civilians, so it could get messy quickly using missiles.
July 14th, 2008  
ObjSRgtLw
 
 
I wouldn't give to much about the role of the US in this matter- the Israelis have proven to history that they are damn good warriors even if the statistics were against them. They could start a war on IRan all alone if they don'T see another chance of preventing serious damage to their country- and if you consider some of the things that Iran said they wanted to do to the Israelis i know why they want to strike...
July 14th, 2008  
The Other Guy
 
 
but will it cause other countries to take sides?

The Middle East now is a lot like the Balkans before WWI. It's the powder keg, and the US invasion of Iraq has lit the match.

Will a confrontation between Israel and Iran cause the whole thing to blow?
July 14th, 2008  
AikiRooster
 
 
I disagree, Iran taking American hostages in 1979 lit the match!
July 14th, 2008  
The Other Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
I disagree, Iran taking American hostages in 1979 lit the match!
you could even blame the shah if you want to go back that far. Or Britain carving a Jewish nation in the middle of someone else's land.
 


Similar Topics
Arsenal Destroys Final Sarin Stock