Jury Duty Excuses Could Bring Charges

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
BARNSTABLE, Mass. (AP) - A Cape Cod man who claimed he was homophobic, racist and a habitual liar to avoid jury duty earned an angry rebuke from a judge on Monday, who referred the case to prosecutors for possible charges. "In 32 years of service in courtrooms, as a prosecutor, as a defense...

God damn, if the man really wants to skip jury duty that much let him. If he doesn't want to be there, can you really trust him to pay attention all the time and decide with his whole mind? I already have extremely little faith in a "jury of my peers," forcing people like this onto the jury makes me feel even worse about it.

^^^ Dead right ML^^^

If I was being judged, I'm sure I wouldn't want someone who was angry about having to be there, judging me.

I don't have to worry though, I live too far from a court to be eligible for Jury duty. There are some perks to living in the bush.

BARNSTABLE, Mass. (AP) - A Cape Cod man who claimed he was homophobic, racist and a habitual liar to avoid jury duty earned an angry rebuke from a judge on Monday, who referred the case to prosecutors for possible charges. "In 32 years of service in courtrooms, as a prosecutor, as a defense...

I'm glad someone is catching up with at least one of these slackers. I don't know how others may feel but, I've served on six or so juries and it really irritates me when I hear some these jokers with their obviously phony excuses evading what I consider to be an honor and a duty.

about 2 yrs ago i was called in for jury duty...only reason i was excused was bc im a fulltime college student and go to school every day of the week usually...and i couldnt miss bc it was around midterms. so someone i know that works at the clerk of courts office took my letter up there and i was excused..else i would have went.

God damn, if the man really wants to skip jury duty that much let him. If he doesn't want to be there, can you really trust him to pay attention all the time and decide with his whole mind? I already have extremely little faith in a "jury of my peers," forcing people like this onto the jury makes me feel even worse about it.

+1, I agree.

Back